LA PINTURA CHOFERRES EN HUELGA

potus

Dec 27, 2015
Good day everyone........

I just got out of one of the worst situations ever in my life.......There was a protest in La Pintura, Santo Domingo..........I do not know what was the cause exactly, but it was bad.......
Burning tires on the road.........Choferes smashing in car windows and grabbing whatever they can.....Two guys twisting and turning a womans hand to get her ring........a hellish situation with no way to escape.......the only way I got out was because I was a foreigner and I grabbed the leaders attention.........This was not one of those protests where most were drunk and just partying...no, these guys were serious I estimate more then 250 of them.........the police and Amet were present, but did not do a single thing......

Any news reports on this? I saw the press there.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I am told that for some of these 'Protests'....
they import the protestors .... they are not local at all....no skin in the game

Hired trouble makers

potus

Dec 27, 2015
Well, not that it matters much, but these guys all had their local Union Vest on.......

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i used to live close to jail in PP and the "disturbances" of this type happened often. once i have seen a jeep drive up the road where huelga was and come back seconds later driving backwards faster than i ever drive forwards ;)

at first when i heard about huelga i could not understand. a strike of everyone against everything? kinda weird. i used to watch the events unfold from our window and would get an earful from miesposo because more often than not there would be shots fired and people on the street would scatter like roaches in a dumpster when you shine a light at them.

anyways, here's a link to the story OP is talking about:
https://listindiario.com/la-republi...os-en-avenida-27-de-febrero-con-isabel-aguiar

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
after reading the link. its just another day in the life of los padres de familia.

potus

Dec 27, 2015
Does not matter much how you view the qualities of the area.....it is a major traffic connection for the area....major government buildings like the JCE are right there as well.......Point was how scary things can get and how brutal people can get treated with the cops just watching.......

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I wish every motorcycle of anyone with no lights, no mirrors no licenseand running redlights or exhibiting excessive speed or performing wheelies or driving the wrong way in crowded streets be seized and smashed. That would soon transform the moto thugs into dignified riders or boys with "nuthin' but a rubber heel"

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
We have had at least one death in Cabrera from shenanigans like this.....little Cabrera

Not counting Escott going down for the 'almost' count....