download the motoconcho route map

SomebodySmart

Oct 24, 2015
Here is my contribution. It is on a new website I am still compiling. You can download a motoconcho route map at http://viajero.do/AUC-RUTAS.pdf

I asked for one at palacio municipal and the bureaucrat proceeded with the freedom of information law routine and then emailed it to me the next day.

Enjoy.

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
Here is my contribution. It is on a new website I am still compiling. You can download a motoconcho route map at http://viajero.do/AUC-RUTAS.pdf

I asked for one at palacio municipal and the bureaucrat proceeded with the freedom of information law routine and then emailed it to me the next day.

Enjoy.

Motoconcho route map?

You mean buses or guaguas or carro publicos...since when Motocoñasos know how to read (a map)...

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Good map for the guaguas and taxis publicos. Motoconchos have no routes - they'll go wherever you want.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Well, my wife always calls them el concho. Whatever.

Some do call taxis "conchos"(I've mostly heard them referred to as "publicos" up here on the north coast), but a motoconcho is specifically a motorcycle taxi and it doesn't follow any specific route - it will take you anywhere you want to go.

A "motoconchero" is the driver of the motorcycle taxi.

Last edited:

SomebodySmart

Oct 24, 2015
Some do call taxis "conchos"(I've mostly heard them referred to as "publicos" up here on the north coast), but a motoconcho is specifically a motorcycle taxi and it doesn't follow any specific route - it will take you anywhere you want to go.

A "motoconchero" is the driver of the motorcycle taxi.

Well, that makes sense because moto tends to mean a motorcycle, not a motorcar.

Birdman

Jan 29, 2013
This is quite old. It doesn't have my concho routes - CJ CJT and T. Also the PA with the rectangular sign goes to the airport, the triangular one dowsn't. You have a big job here. The A route has changed.

SomebodySmart

Oct 24, 2015
ask at ADN

Is there a map comparable to this for Santo Domingo?

I went to Palacio Municipal in Santiago to ask, and they went through the formal public records request routine. Now, I would imagine if you go to Ayuntamiento del Distrito Nacional (ADN) or Alcaldia Distrito Nacional they might do the same process.

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
I don't think they've redone those maps in years. A number of concho routes and subroutes have been added in ages.

I think it's just in Santaigo people call the carros publicos conchos... but yes, quite a difference from a moto-concho