Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: electric car in DR

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default electric car in DR

Hi everyone,

i am planning to buy an electric car in the states and send it to DR. I know that in DR there are no electric station to charge the car. however, i am trying to install a 240w charger station i saw in amazon in my house in las vegas and use it to charge the car.

does anyone has experience with electric car in DR? any thoughts, ideas? do you think is bad idea? thanks in advance

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

My friend is the only person on the Island that has a Tesla and he loves it. He charges it in his garage.

3. Likes frank12 liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    My friend is the only person on the Island that has a Tesla and he loves it. He charges it in his garage.
    nice, so i guess there is no problem charging the car. i was thinking maybe DR electricity may not have the right voltage to charge the car properly or the electricity there may damage the car because voltage tend to jump or something

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

He has never had any problems charging the car.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I am considering a fleet of Zero DSR electric motorcycles for our tours.

There are companies who make high-efficiency/fast-charge charging stations, some portable if your vehicle requires a special fast-charge tech.

https://freewiretech.com/

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    He has never had any problems charging the car.
    cool. do you know what charging station brand and model he installed in his garage? if you know or can ask him, i can probably look it up in amazon and buy the same. thanks

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know and he is a pilot and out of the DR at the time. When I see him I will ask him.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    I am considering a fleet of Zero DSR electric motorcycles for our tours.

There are companies who make high-efficiency/fast-charge charging stations, some portable if your vehicle requires a special fast-charge tech.

https://freewiretech.com/
    thank you cobraboy. it is good to have options when it comes to charging station

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I admit I know nothing about this, but can you just plug it in to an outlet. Or does it need something special to charge it?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by erod View Post
    Hi everyone,

i am planning to buy an electric car in the states and send it to DR. I know that in DR there are no electric station to charge the car. however, i am trying to install a 240w charger station i saw in amazon in my house in las vegas and use it to charge the car.

does anyone has experience with electric car in DR? any thoughts, ideas? do you think is bad idea? thanks in advance
    Good idea in theory......but what make will you buy?

There was talk of giving electric vehicles a tax break.........but that has not yet come to fruition.

So you need to know that your cost to import your car will run between 35-50% additional taxes, first placa, shipping and insurance..........and that is on top of your purchase price.......................just to get it landed in the DR.

As you may or may not know, warranty repairs will present a whole new set of challenges.

Good luck.

Respectfully,
    Playacaribe2

12. Likes frank12 liked this post
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast