Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What small Generator would you recommend...

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What small Generator would you recommend...

...and where to buy it?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caribmike View Post
    ...and where to buy it?
    Do you have an inverter?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, but want a generator too.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

CaribMike, What do you want to power ? A whole house, recharge and invertor etc. You location also .

Olly

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, but want a generator too.
    What do you want to do with the genset? Just to recharge inverter batteries or run the entire house long term?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

What are you wanting to power it with Gasoline Diesel Propane. How loud? what kind of start manual automatic battery?

Define small 2kilo 4kilo 16kilo?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Location in a couple weeks: Santiago

I have a 1.5 kw Inverter to cover in case of outage 5 computers, light and fans in a 4 BR Penthouse.

We go to move into a 4 BR house with pool (bomba for pool excluded in calculation) in Santiago. Power usually does not go there BUT you never know and knowing there will be more outages from October on in general I want to be prepared.

Thinking about a 4 - 5 KW generator (not sure gasoline or propane ?) for charging inverter batteries but thinking about to run everything on it. (should cover 5 computers, 7 monitors, 3 TV, 3 fridges, lights, bomba).

No fui yo!
    Post Thanks / Like

Location in a couple weeks: Santiago

I have a 1.5 kw Inverter to cover in case of outage 5 computers, light and fans in a 4 BR Penthouse.

We go to move into a 4 BR house with pool (bomba for pool excluded in calculation) in Santiago. Power usually does not go there BUT you never know and knowing there will be more outages from October on in general I want to be prepared.

Thinking about a 4 - 5 KW generator (not sure gasoline or propane ?) for charging inverter batteries but thinking about to run everything on it. (should cover 5 computers, 7 monitors, 3 TV, 3 fridges, lights, bomba).
    I would think a minimum would be a 15 KW but better chance to get a 20KW diesel. Look for a Kubota or anything with an Isuzu or CAT motor.
    Gasoline has too many problems and propane hard to get parts ?

They must be set to cycle to run at least once a week and they don't go without maintenance forever.
    Get a qualified electrician (maybe the hardest part) and a good automatic transfer switch. Manual is a bad way to go - if you are the beach for the weekend the food in the refrigerator could spoil.

Install on a concrete level bad and better yet enclose it in a block room

9. Likes JDJones liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

For that size a diesel and Kubota is a good recommendation.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chico bill View Post
    I would think a minimum would be a 15 KW but better chance to get a 20KW diesel. Look for a Kubota or anything with an Isuzu or CAT motor.
    Gasoline has too many problems and propane hard to get parts ?

They must be set to cycle to run at least once a week and they don't go without maintenance forever.
    Get a qualified electrician (maybe the hardest part) and a good automatic transfer switch. Manual is a bad way to go - if you are the beach for the weekend the food in the refrigerator could spoil.

Install on a concrete level bad and better yet enclose it in a block room
    Enclosed in a block room.....is ventilation not needed for the escaping diesel fumes?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast