Observation, American vs. JetBlue

SomebodySmart

Oct 24, 2015
It’s an observation and not a criticism of American Airlines. I recently took JetBlue on one of their late-night specials to DR and the flight was delayed, but the passenger load was largely Dominican families. On my most recent trip, I took American, I changed planes at MIA for POP and even though it was summer it seemed like lots of English-speaking USA people, maybe on business. Not as if American or JetBlue should do anything about it, just saying. If you want to brush up on your Spanish and DR culture, you take JetBlue.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
JetBlue is usually cheaper than American. So the travelers may be a bit different.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
The advantage of JetBlue over American are usually lower fares and a bit more space between seats=pitch, 32", Amer. 31" economy. JetBlue has an advantage direct non stop flghts to the island, especially from the US Northeast. American from those Northeast areas will service the island by connecting through Miami or other hubs. Cabin crews for both are for the most part bilingual when flights have Dominican origin or destination, really not an issue.

The flyer's decision of carrier should be based upon his/her needs and how each airline best accomodates him. Booking flights very soon provides better airline selection options.

Regards,

PJT

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
It’s an observation and not a criticism of American Airlines. I recently took JetBlue on one of their late-night specials to DR and the flight was delayed, but the passenger load was largely Dominican families. On my most recent trip, I took American, I changed planes at MIA for POP and even though it was summer it seemed like lots of English-speaking USA people, maybe on business. Not as if American or JetBlue should do anything about it, just saying. If you want to brush up on your Spanish and DR culture, you take JetBlue.

Hahaha. So you didn't find the support in your other thread bashing American so you started another. Get a life?

I did JetBlue from Boston to Nantucket last month. The check in in Boston was so..so with lots of … not a nice boarding procedure at all. The check-in on the Nantucket side was a total disaster.... for everyone. Lots of very ****ed people that would be.... everyone.

The 20 minute flight took about 1.5 hours each way with an hour on the runway. Both flights where first ones out and we sat in line. The plane was dirty, very dirty and aged with ripped seats AND around the portholes. The attendants were not allowed to do anything other then to yell... SIT DOWN being a short flight that was not.

I'll go down to Woods Hole and take the steamer next time.

So that's my observation. Never Jetjackoff again.

So that's my Observation, American vs. JetBlue. American wins for us. BTW. We have credit cards. LOL

Guess that we just don't enjoy the experience of being "herded".

Last edited:

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
That had to be one of their affiliated regional carriers if it was only a 20 minute flight and they have no control over how long they sit on the runway.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
The US-DR-US route is nothing special on either airline. When flying to/from the West Coast US I use AA with a change in either Charlotte (my preferred) or Miami. Flying to/from the East Coast US I use Jet Blue. Service/passenger load is pretty much the same IMO. Although boarding seems a bit chaotic on Jet Blue IMO, other than that its a good nonstop flight. Now if Jet Blue gets Mint service to and from the DR that would be nice. For many it just comes down to convenience, what works best for them.

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
My mother told me. If American AirLines don't go there I will not get on another airline. It's a matter of preference. When I lived in West Palm Beach I would use either JetBlue or Spirit . But now I am in Homestead. I only use American.

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
Hahaha. So you didn't find the support in your other thread bashing American so you started another. Get a life?

I did JetBlue from Boston to Nantucket last month. The check in in Boston was so..so with lots of … not a nice boarding procedure at all. The check-in on the Nantucket side was a total disaster.... for everyone. Lots of very ****ed people that would be.... everyone.

The 20 minute flight took about 1.5 hours each way with an hour on the runway. Both flights where first ones out and we sat in line. The plane was dirty, very dirty and aged with ripped seats AND around the portholes. The attendants were not allowed to do anything other then to yell... SIT DOWN being a short flight that was not.

So that's my Observation, American vs. JetBlue. American wins for us. BTW. We have credit cards. LOL

next time try cape air. puddle jumpers, but very reliable.

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
If you are a Dominican trying to fake it as well to do the worst thing that you can do is fly to the states on Jet blue or even Spirit. You may as well have drive a Skoda. There are things you dont tell others :)

Flying American is a must if you want to be taken seriously. Spirit and Jet Blue are for pooooor losers.

PS. We faked it and flew Spirit all the time, :)

SomebodySmart

Oct 24, 2015

And with your spouse being an avid fan of Burt Bacharach, and you are both from New Jersey, made it even worse: Yackety yack about Bacharach, from Hackensack to ACK and back.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
JetBlue smells like the inside of a Doritos bag.

Especially when everyone opens their free Doritos all at once. The last time I flew on them was the last time forever.

American only and always.

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
Can't be that bad. I flew on a 30 year old 737 to Punta Cana Xrta Airways charter. On the way down I fell asleep and spilled my bloody mary all over the side by the window. A week later when I went back the stain was still there.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
If you are a Dominican trying to fake it as well to do the worst thing that you can do is fly to the states on Jet blue or even Spirit. You may as well have drive a Skoda. There are things you dont tell others :)

Flying American is a must if you want to be taken seriously. Spirit and Jet Blue are for pooooor losers.

PS. We faked it and flew Spirit all the time, :)
what tree did you fall from ... jet blue is great ... blue chips anyone

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
When I fly from my home state to STI....the only way you can do it in one day is with Delta, and thru JFK in N.Y.....after years of using Delta , I can truly say they are the worst, and charge the most....combine Delta with flying into JFK from overseas, and you have a shyte sandwich..............Doc.........

chrisrose97

May 2, 2010
From Miami to STI, it has to be American and they got new planes flying into STI...and the fare was cheaper than Jetblue's new route from FLL to STI....I couldnt believe it...but if you live near FLL and/or flying with your family, Spirit is the way to go to save $$$, it works for me, to each his own...!

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Jet Blue + free blue chips for everyone........I love them...... only fly for the blue chips...

Hi=

Sep 24, 2018
Spirit is opening a new route EWR to SDQ, its a redeye flight midnight dep arr 5.30 am, also MCO to SDQ is another new route with spirit air. You can connect These to flights connecting with WOWAIR for flights via Iceland to many European Destinations. I have managed to get some reall good deals combining those two airlines to europe

Last edited: