Prepaid credit card with US billing address

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
Done a bit of research, but testing if anyone could recommend something:

I'd need a prepaid credit card that comes with US-based billing address, and so, that I won't need to leave the DR to get one. If anyone knows of a good one, would appreciate it!

Why? To purchase things online in stores that require a CC with US-billing address (it's a plus if I can still use my shipping address, which is BMCargo in Miami). I was almost applying for one until I realized the application with tight to quite hefty fees. I don't mind paying something (obviously), but they wanted close to US$100 for the card if I recall right...

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Done a bit of research, but testing if anyone could recommend something:

I'd need a prepaid credit card that comes with US-based billing address, and so, that I won't need to leave the DR to get one. If anyone knows of a good one, would appreciate it!

Why? To purchase things online in stores that require a CC with US-billing address (it's a plus if I can still use my shipping address, which is BMCargo in Miami). I was almost applying for one until I realized the application with tight to quite hefty fees. I don't mind paying something (obviously), but they wanted close to US$100 for the card if I recall right...
Get a US-based PayPal account.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Is it possible to use your BMCargo as your billing address? A prepaid credit card is??? Is that a prepaid debit type of card? Or a secured credit card where you deposit funds and that determines your credit limit. I think a big difference between the two when doing online stuff.......... just me thinking

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Call your credit card company and ask to have your BMCargo address added to your credit card account. Easy to do and no other card needed.

The address on your account will need to be entered exactly as you supply it to the retailers.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Can you get one without a US social security number? I have a US address.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
Call your credit card company and ask to have your BMCargo address added to your credit card account. Easy to do and no other card needed.

The address on your account will need to be entered exactly as you supply it to the retailers.

Thanks, this is an option I did not even think of. Will check with the CC provider.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
There a literally thousands Prepaid DCs to chose from, I do not get the question being asked?

As Cobraboy commented above, yes, getting a prepaid card is not an issue, I have a few of those, but this is exclusively for use with retailers who ONLY accept cards with US-billing address. Unless the card issuer allows me to use theirs (or that of BMcargo as it was pointed out above), I cannot provide this.

I know of one where the billing address comes with the card, but it was just the application fee that was a bit high...