Best way to get to Haiti(Cap Haitien), Caribe Tours not going there anymore

Molinator

Nov 17, 2009
Hi Guys,

Me and my friend are trying to get to cap haitien, and today we found out Caribe Tours is no longer doing trips there, I would like to know if you have any tips to get there, he offered to walk the border by foot and then take public transportation, but I don't know if that's safe enough.

Thanks

SomebodySmart

Oct 24, 2015
Expreso Liniero runs from Santiago to Dajabón, making its penultimate stop at a corner where you walk five minutes to the Binational Bridge. I was told the buses to Port-au-Prince leave in the morning. I do not know about Cap-Haitien. However, you can exchange money with the peddlers in the Dominican customs, walk across the bridge, and then there’s bound to be taxis waiting when you leave the Haitian port. I have never been to the Haitian side. I would check that it is a legitimate taxi as best you can, and go to the bus station.

SomebodySmart

Oct 24, 2015
To clarify, you would get off Expreso Liniero in Dajabón, then hike or take a motorcycle taxi to the bridge, then go into Haiti and I am told there are buses leaving in the morning FROM THE HAITIAN SIDE,

SomebodySmart

Oct 24, 2015
Expreso Liniero runs from Santiago to Dajabón, making its penultimate stop at a corner where you walk five minutes to the Binational Bridge. I was told the buses to Port-au-Prince leave in the morning. I do not know about Cap-Haitien. However, you can exchange money with the peddlers in the Dominican customs, walk across the bridge, and then there’s bound to be taxis waiting when you leave the Haitian port. I have never been to the Haitian side. I would check that it is a legitimate taxi as best you can, and go to the bus station.

You will soon see my amendment to my comments in Trip Reports.

lauralyn

Oct 23, 2018
Hi just wanted to send an update about the Caribe Tours bus service to Cap Haitien.

Today on 10/23/2018 I took Caribe Tours from Santo Domingo to Cap Haitien. Apparently the service just started again last Saturday. There was a stop in Santiago around 11:45am, same as before the service was cancelled. All went smoothly.