What happened to compania de seguros ?

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I had my car insured for years with them, and more recently the migracion new insurance policy thingy.

Well in april or may, my wife went to renew the annual policy for the car and it was all closed down.
Phones dont answer.......

Just curious as i have a new insurance now.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
SANTO DOMINGO. A technical team of the Superintendence of Insurance intervened this morning La Comercial de Seguros alleging an alleged violation of the provisions of Law 146-02 of Insurance and Finance, specifically with regard to recapitalization, as reported by one of the shareholders , Carlos perez.

"They allege irregularities that are not based on any legal criteria, a fictitious situation was created, we wanted to extort $ 500,000 and we did not give in, that's why they are here," Pérez said after the legal consultant of the regulatory body, Ricardo Valdez, will inform that the revocation of the operation permit is part of "the precautionary measures ordered by the law".

"We are here to take control of the company by virtue of what is established by Law 146 and what the resolution that brought us here today orders," said Valdéz without offering further details.

The company's lawyer, Amadeo Peralta, said he will submit to the Special Prosecutor's Office for the Persecution of Corruption (PEPCA) documentary evidence about the alleged extortion of which the company's main shareholders claim were victims, although he refused to disclose the names of those involved.

The closure of La Comercial would directly affect some 80 employees who worked until today at its headquarters.

https://www.diariolibre.com/noticia...-interviene-la-comercial-de-seguros-JE9336902