worried about brother

Jules

May 7, 2002
I am looking for information that will help me be able to help my brother who is living in the DR. He is a good, trusting, gullable American.
I am wondering if someone could give me information, so that I can get in touch with a Catholic Charities organization or some other source for assistance. I am also, looking for answers to some questions regarding the local culture and the workings of marriage situations and child custody situations, between natives and Americans. If anyone could give me some trustworthy sources to go to this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you in advance,
Worried in the US

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Sorry for your problem

but please don't refer to the local population as "natives" since that is discourteous.

next time I go to the States I will talk about how funny all those
"natives" are behaving...

If you brother was really married; if your brother actually went to the local Justice of the Peace and declared that a son/daughter was born to him on such and such a date, then the process is quite simple.

He goes to the US Consulate in Santo Domingo and with all the paperwork(and fotos) of the baby, he declares that he wishes a US Passport for that child. He pays the fees, gets on a plane and goes whereever he wants to go. With or without child depending on his sense of responsibility.

Hey Gang: One more for the books!!

HB Still shaking his head: "Is there a Ministry of Education?"

needs_a_shave.gif

P.S. things to take to the Consulate:
1) Passport
2)Birth Certificate from (a) the Clinic or hospital where the child was born and (b) Certificado de nacimiento from the local "Circunscripci?n".
3)Marriage Certificate
4)fotos of the wedding
5)fotos of the baby

the consulate might ask your brother to get these documents Certified, not a big deal..

Good Luck...Oh yes, it makes no difference if the mother is there or not...

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
If you are a "Native" where is your spear???????

Come on "Hillbilly" you are just a "little" too hard on this naive young man!How about the guy born in Brooklyn who is proud to be a "Native NewYorker"? Or the "Native" of Southern California? It is clear to me that he only wanted to indicate that the "marriage" was with a "Native" of the Dominican Republic!I may be the most racially sensitive poster on DR1,so if my "racism detector" didn,t "Beep" I think we are ok here! He used the "N" word,but not the one we get angry about!TomCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Jules

May 7, 2002
Native American apologizes

Boy do I ever apologize. I did not mean to offend anyone. I have never been to the Dominican Republic, and I certainly was not aware that this language would be offensive. I consider myself a Native American because I was born in the USA. I assumed that was how others would interpret this term. Big mistake. I guess huge mistake. I don't suppose you have ever made one.

Thankyou for the tips. They should be helpful.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Schitt, boy, I make them every day.!

I just am hyper today...

But you are not ever a Native American, unless you are 25% Cree, Apache or Sioux....
needs_a_shave.gif

CCCCCCC: What do you think about when you use the word "native" to refer to the population of an area? Like the natives of Amazonia? YOu never talk about the natives of Rio de Janeiro, do you? Do you talk about the natives of Ruanda? How about the natives of Capetown? See what I mean.?? Do we ever talk about the natives of India, or China? I don't think so. We talk about the natives that run around in little or nothing with bones in their noses... It is a condescending term, period.

As for your brother's plight, please tell him to follow that advice, it is pretty valid, to the best of my knowledge...

HB