How do I ship? And how do I shop on Amazon or Ebay?

Domingo646

Jul 31, 2016
How do I ship items to the DR? Is DHL the best choice? I'm shipping household items.

How do I shop on Amazon or Ebay?

I went through a long nightmare with Caripack the last time I was living there.

(No time for hours to read forum search results.)

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
How do I ship items to the DR? Is DHL the best choice? I'm shipping household items.

How do I shop on Amazon or Ebay?

I went through a long nightmare with Caripack the last time I was living there.

(No time for hours to read forum search results.)

Mail forwarded in Miami, then to DR.

https://dr1.com/forums/showthread.php/154847-Different-Couriers-Forwarding-Companies

No need to spend hours reading, I found the thread above with a simple search in Google in 3 minutes (well, I spent reading the thread for about 2 minutes, it took 1 minute to find it...)

I live in the DR, have used BMCargo for years for Amazon/Ebay and a few others, even for packages from Europe, never once any issues. I'm sure other posters can vouch for their favorite, as there are many more than BMCargo of course...

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
I also use BM Cargo and am satisfied with their service.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
If your recipient opens an account with Domex, they deliver to their house. (At least in SD)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
CPS works well in Santiago as does BMCargo...I use both.

You should find a Dominican shipper who can offer you door to door service for your household items.

HB

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
I like EPS in Bonao as you pay only when you pick-up. Very fast service. Usually in Bonao three days after delivery in Miami. Also, never have had to pay any customs duties on expensive items.

SomebodySmart

Oct 24, 2015
On Calle Padre Ramón Dubert in Los Jardines Metropolitanos in Santiago, there is a business that receives packages shipped from their USA operations. Also there is https://www.myus.com/pt/ which I cannot say anything about, but I can pass along the link. Since they are responsible as the exporter (the vendor innocently ships the merchandise to a USA address and is not involved in any export) they have to have rules about what they can handle.

TontonRob

Aug 28, 2018
I also use BM Cargo and am satisfied with their service.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Hi, sorry to bug u but what do u do about customs with BM Cargo or anyone else for that matter?

thanks!!

Last edited:

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
They deal with customs, they pay what is owed, you pay it to them when you retrieve the package (or have it delivered).

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I like EPS in Bonao as you pay only when you pick-up. Very fast service. Usually in Bonao three days after delivery in Miami. Also, never have had to pay any customs duties on expensive items.

For Amazon, highly recommend EPS.
I've used their services for over 4 years, never had any issues.
https://www.eps.com.do/

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I have used EPS, Westrn Union's service, Encargopaq and CPS for small items. Awilda for a larger refrigerator. All worked for me. Currently using EPS for letters and Encargopaq and CPS for small to medium packages.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
Hi, sorry to bug u but what do u do about customs with BM Cargo or anyone else for that matter?

thanks!!

As said, they deal with it, but if you send them an item that they perceive could have a value higher than $200 USD, they will stop it and ask you to provide invoice. Once this happened to me, when the shipment was large and heavy, but in reality had the value of 50 USD. They sent me an email, I uploaded the invoice to their system and all was good. I've read that some people send always their invoices even beforehand...

Haven't tried shipping anything with higher than $200 USD with them, but with mudanza yes, nobody was interested in the contents nor the value of the boxes we shipped... Could be that sometimes they are, so we just had luck...

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
As said, they deal with it, but if you send them an item that they perceive could have a value higher than $200 USD, they will stop it and ask you to provide invoice. Once this happened to me, when the shipment was large and heavy, but in reality had the value of 50 USD. They sent me an email, I uploaded the invoice to their system and all was good. I've read that some people send always their invoices even beforehand...

Haven't tried shipping anything with higher than $200 USD with them, but with mudanza yes, nobody was interested in the contents nor the value of the boxes we shipped... Could be that sometimes they are, so we just had luck...

I think you'll find that Customs now requires invoices for all packages irregardless of value.

My carrier (DOMEX) requires I send a pre alert (invoice) for everything I purchase. If I don't, I get the same email asking I send it.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
same here -- Aeropost - precertification/invoice etc

Never had a problem and they have special Amazon promotions

Light shipments only .... charged by the pound

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
I think you'll find that Customs now requires invoices for all packages irregardless of value.

My carrier (DOMEX) requires I send a pre alert (invoice) for everything I purchase. If I don't, I get the same email asking I send it.

We received stuff via BMCargo 3 weeks ago, and no invoice was required, will receive again next week, happy to report here how it goes. These have been shipments with 2-4 lbs though, so might be that with heavier ones the situation is different.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
We received stuff via BMCargo 3 weeks ago, and no invoice was required, will receive again next week, happy to report here how it goes. These have been shipments with 2-4 lbs though, so might be that with heavier ones the situation is different.

Just to follow-up on this one; We picked up the expected delivery today, value $75, weight 3.2 lbs, nowhere was there pricing info available nor did BMCargo require any documents for the shipment. Delivery time from Miami exactly 48 hours.