Getting out of lease

Scott18684

Jun 10, 2018
Expiration of the lease is not among the stated legal grounds for eviction. If the tenant keeps paying the rent he or she cannot be evicted just because the lease has expired.

As for raising the rent, it cannot be done unilaterally without a lengthy administrative procedure. If the owner refuses to accept the rent, the tenant can deposit it at the nearest Banco Agricola.

I have a HUGE issue with a new apartment I moved into. I paid one month commission and two months deposit and the unit was shown to me at night and after moving in the noise is EXTREMELY LOUD ALL DAY with construction and workers yelling and laughing and car horns honking at all hours throughout the day. It is completely unbearable I want to move out and get my deposits back no person could remain sane and live here. Do I have any rights? It is so loud its unbelievable its hard to hear my wife talk its so loud.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I have a HUGE issue with a new apartment I moved into. I paid one month commission and two months deposit and the unit was shown to me at night and after moving in the noise is EXTREMELY LOUD ALL DAY with construction and workers yelling and laughing and car horns honking at all hours throughout the day. It is completely unbearable I want to move out and get my deposits back no person could remain sane and live here. Do I have any rights? It is so loud its unbelievable its hard to hear my wife talk its so loud.

The word "refund" is not in the Dominican vocabulary.
Rule #1. Never give money to a Dominican if you can
not afford to lose it.

Not a chance in hell they will refund your deposit for
these reasons. Besides, that deposit was probably
spent 6 months before you paid it.

The only exception may be if they are Christians but not always.

Welcome to Wonderland!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

ONE post with your question is sufficient. You posted your problem in three or four different threads, which is unacceptable. They have all been removed, and I started this thread in the Legal Forum for you.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Never see to buy or rent a house at night. Don't buy a car at night or when it rains.

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
you viewed an apartment at night …..and if its that bad I would move and chalk up the loss to a learning experience

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Just buy boombox stick it on balcony and play country music or Justin Bieber back at them ;) since you can’t do anything about their noise , they can’t either... and leave for day!

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
Just buy boombox stick it on balcony and play country music or Justin Bieber back at them ;) since you can’t do anything about their noise , they can’t either... and leave for day!

Play it safe and go with Spike Jones.

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
Buy a very loud sound system and blast music like this,

[video=youtube;aQVz6vuNq7s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQVz6vuNq7s[/video]

Make them docile you will.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Buy a very loud sound system and blast music like this,

[video=youtube;aQVz6vuNq7s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQVz6vuNq7s[/video]

Make them docile you will.

That is being sung by Mirusia with Andre Rieu and his orchestra. She's absolutely phenomenal. Most beautiful rendition I've ever heard, too.

ljmesg

Aug 6, 2017
Is there a Quiet Enjoyment clause in your lease document?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
If you cannot live there because of the noise, you can break the lease. Consult a lawyer on how to do it.

By the way, court precedent changed a few years ago: Now expiration of the lease is considered legal grounds for eviction. I

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013

Sounds strange, we've rented a few properties in the DR, and not one owner has ever even agreed to show us anything after 6 pm, so after dark. You cannot see the property well, you cannot see the neighboring houses well, you cannot see or experience anything well. I'm wondering if the OP was in a hurry signing the lease as it had to be in dark?

Also, based on what I've seen, contracts often determine the minimum time of lease without breaking it (in our case it's always been one year), and it has always also said (in our case) that the property is rented in the exact condition it is at the time of signing. I know construction and car horns have nothing to do with the condition of the property, but were you not then familiar at all how is the neighborhood?

You have to be careful here when choosing where to live...

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Often, the worst noise issues happen after dark, so it's probably advisable to check both day and night before deciding, if you can.