Exciting News!! - We're Headed to PUJ & SDQ...HELP with Occidental Flamenco...PLEASE

soul man

Jan 31, 2002
Exciting News!! - We're Headed to PUJ & SDQ...HELP with Occidental Flamenco...PLEASE

GREAT DAY .....GREAT NEWS!!

I finalized my air from JFK/PUJ via American airlines..only $438 rt. My friends in Atlanta are flying via Vacation Express charter ATL/PUJ, and my friends from Columbia SC are flying from Charlote NC/PUJ via Vacation Express charter. We are going to have a ball.
10 NIGHTS!!!!! YEE HA!!!

Only one final question. Can anyone tell me their recent experience with the Occidental Flamenco Beach. I THINK this is where we'll stay in PUJ - which I understand is 5 minute walk to Plaza Bavaro & has A great beach to boot. Just thought I'd check with you ' experts ' first :)

Thanks All.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You might try this

Check out http://www.debbiesdominicantravel.com and see what people have to say about the place. It is a good reliable site.

Regards, with some green for envy,

HB
needs_a_shave.gif

soul man

Jan 31, 2002
Hey HB

thanks for the referral to the site...I'll bookmark it for future reference.

I'll have a Presidente AND a Brugal for ya dude!!!!

Peace

mikmar

May 13, 2002
hey soul man

I see in your header that SDQ is somewhere in your itinerary. I am also trying to plan a SDQ/PUJ trip. What is your plan for travel between Santo Domingo and Punta Cana? Bus? Dominican airline? Let me know how that works out for you.
Thanks and have a great trip!

soul man

Jan 31, 2002
Hi Mikmar

actually I'm undecided how we're going to travel between the two. I have narrowed it down to either the local bus - i hear that there's an express - or hiring a private driver.

Sorry I can't be more specific.

NYC Girl

Mar 20, 2002
Flamenco...

Hi Soul Man,

I flew out of JFK to Punta Cana about a month ago...I stayed at the Occidental Flamenco from 4/17 to 4/20...it was a short trip but fun! Anyway - go to the link that Hillbilly listed - Debbie's Dominican - great website with great reviews (FYI - go to Resort Reviews & then you have to go to "Allegro Flamenco Bavaro - Punta Cana" - Debbie hasn't updated it to Occidental yet - used to be Allegro)...anyway - my review is on there...it's the most recent one by "Keri & Eric" from NYC...that's me - Keri.
Also on that website is some great message boards...she calls them Bulletin Boards - you'll want to go to "East Coast"...

Here is a link to view some photos from my trip...
http://community.webshots.com/user/kerijhealey

You'll have a great time....but seeing that you are a New Yorker like myself I'm afraid to tell you that the food is gross...I would almost describe it as disgusting!!! Very different than what we are used to here in NY!!! Breakfast was always my favorite meal...so I jsut ate a big breakfast so I wouldn't go hungry the rest of the day. My lunches and dinners were always light b/c there wasn't much I liked...the ice cream is really delicious though! And be sure to try the fried churros at breakfast....and say hello to Juan who is a bartender at the lobby bar - he's great and will take care of you if you leave him a dollar here and there...he works in the evenings.

Oh and yes - Plaza bavaro is just outside the resort gates. You can barter with everyone there...offer half of what they are asking and take it for nothing more than that!!!
Oh and watch out for people trying to sell you time shares...don't feel bad being rude - just tell them no and keep walking. After my 1st day there I just learned to ignore these people...they won't leave you alone if you don't. You'll run into them most when entering the beach.

OK - all of this is in my review so go to it....actually here is a direct link to that too....http://www.debbiesdominicantravel.com/travel37.html

Have fun Soul Man!!!