Direct Deposit of Pension

JLSawmam

Sep 8, 2018
Not sure which forum is best for this question, so will trust the moderators to place in the most appropriate. Does anyone have a US government pension deposited directly into an RD bank? I know it can be done but would like to know if anyone has done so, and any issues encountered in doing so.
Part of my reason for considering this is it may be helpful when renewing my temporary resideny (RT-9) for the first time. A letter regarding pension income is required, as I'm sure everyone already knows. Thanks!

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Initial residency may require that, but I've renewed my temporary residency(RT-9) twice now and no letter reagrding pension income was required.

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
Not sure which forum is best for this question, so will trust the moderators to place in the most appropriate. Does anyone have a US government pension deposited directly into an RD bank? I know it can be done but would like to know if anyone has done so, and any issues encountered in doing so.
Part of my reason for considering this is it may be helpful when renewing my temporary resideny (RT-9) for the first time. A letter regarding pension income is required, as I'm sure everyone already knows. Thanks!

You can have your social security deposited directly into a Dominican bank account but I don't know about other types of federal government pensions...probably yes but you would need to check with your payer. Also, the deposit of your pension probably would not be enough to satisfy the DMG for your residency. You usually need a special letter from the pension payer saying the amount of your payment. You would need at least $1,500 per month (for just you) to qualify for a retiree residency. And it's worth doing that because you skip the five temporary renewals for regular residency! Check the DMG website or look at one of the lawyer's pages for details.