Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh come on...!
    I bet you don’t change every week..... I just turn them inside out weekly

2. Likes jd426 liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob saunders View Post
    Is this new? Wasn't the rule two years ago when I became a citizen.
    Matilda is correct. I believe that the rules changed, again, about two years ago.

4. Likes Linda Stapleton liked this post
    Moderator - Ladies Only & North West
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Luperon View Post
    I may be stupid... What does that mean in stupid mans terms.
    It means that once you have had residency for two years, you have to renew, and on the same day go charging across town from Migration to the Ministry of Interior and Police and apply for citizenship.

Moderator Ladies Only & North West Forums
    www.DR1.com

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
    It means that once you have had residency for two years, you have to renew, and on the same day go charging across town from Migration to the Ministry of Interior and Police and apply for citizenship.
    Thank you.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

That sucks. I thought it was only 6 months. So realistically Best Case is it two years residency plus one additional year to become a Citizen?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Luperon View Post
    That sucks. I thought it was only 6 months. So realistically Best Case is it two years residency plus one additional year to become a Citizen?
    Correct. But the list of requirements to be a citizen is now 4 pages long, so takes a while to get them all together.

www.DR1.com

Post Thanks / Like

Correct. But the list of requirements to be a citizen is now 4 pages long, so takes a while to get them all together.
    Hi,
    I just renewed my cedula through the new online process (well submitted online, the process isn't complete yet) and I was poking around the webpage when I found an application for "CERTIFICACIÓN PARA FINES DE NATURALIZACIÓN POR MATRIMONIO"

Is this not the naturalization by marriage being discussed here?
    it has a short list of requirements:

REQUISITOS:

1.-CARTA DE SOLICITUD DE CERTIFICACIÓN DIRIGIDA A LA D.G.M, DEBE ESPECIFICAR EL TIPO DE CERTIFICACIÓN QUE REQUIERE.
    2.- FORMULARIO DE CERTIFICACIONES QUE SE ADQUIERE EN DGM, DEBIDAMENTE LLENADO EN LETRA DE MOLDE; LA FIRMA Y HUELLAS DACTILARES DEBERÁN SER PUESTAS ANTE UN OFICIAL DE EXTRANJERÍA EN LA VENTANILLA CORRESPONDIENTE.
    3.- FOTOCOPIA CARNET DE RESIDENCIA DEL SOLICITANTE.
    4.-FOTOCOPIA CARA DIGITAL PASAPORTE DONDE ESTÁN LOS DATOS PERSONALES.
    5.- FOTOCOPIA CÉDULA DE IDENTIDAD PERSONAL DEL SOLICITANTE.
    6.- FOTOCOPIA ACTA DE MATRIMONIO
    7.- FOTOCOPIA CÉDULA DEL ESPOSO/A

If someone who is more familiar with the law could provide insight on numbers 1&2?
    I assume 1 is a generic letter that I can template just like when I renewed my cedula.

Post Thanks / Like

Naturalization is issued by the Ministry of Interior and Police. As part of the list of requirements you need certifications from the Migration Office including details of all movements into and from the country and confirmation that you hold residency and for how long. This list is in relation to those.

Matilda

www.DR1.com

Post Thanks / Like

Naturalization is issued by the Ministry of Interior and Police. As part of the list of requirements you need certifications from the Migration Office including details of all movements into and from the country and confirmation that you hold residency and for how long. This list is in relation to those.

Matilda
    Okay great, thanks for the clarification!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
    Hi,
    I just renewed my cedula through the new online process (well submitted online, the process isn't complete yet) and I was poking around the webpage when I found an application for "CERTIFICACIÓN PARA FINES DE NATURALIZACIÓN POR MATRIMONIO"

Is this not the naturalization by marriage being discussed here?
    it has a short list of requirements:

REQUISITOS:

1.-CARTA DE SOLICITUD DE CERTIFICACIÓN DIRIGIDA A LA D.G.M, DEBE ESPECIFICAR EL TIPO DE CERTIFICACIÓN QUE REQUIERE.
    2.- FORMULARIO DE CERTIFICACIONES QUE SE ADQUIERE EN DGM, DEBIDAMENTE LLENADO EN LETRA DE MOLDE; LA FIRMA Y HUELLAS DACTILARES DEBERÁN SER PUESTAS ANTE UN OFICIAL DE EXTRANJERÍA EN LA VENTANILLA CORRESPONDIENTE.
    3.- FOTOCOPIA CARNET DE RESIDENCIA DEL SOLICITANTE.
    4.-FOTOCOPIA CARA DIGITAL PASAPORTE DONDE ESTÁN LOS DATOS PERSONALES.
    5.- FOTOCOPIA CÉDULA DE IDENTIDAD PERSONAL DEL SOLICITANTE.
    6.- FOTOCOPIA ACTA DE MATRIMONIO
    7.- FOTOCOPIA CÉDULA DEL ESPOSO/A

If someone who is more familiar with the law could provide insight on numbers 1&2?
    I assume 1 is a generic letter that I can template just like when I renewed my cedula.
    Can you post a link to that page with the list? Thanks

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234