Looking for a house in Santiago / Jarabacoa

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
Hello!

I am looking to move from Santo Domingo (finally had enough after 6 years lol) to either Jarabacoa or Santiago.

Was wondering if anyone here could refer me to a good real estate agent to look at a few house?

I have never liver in Santiago and don't know the city that much, wich zona are the best?

Looking for a quiet place, residencial with claro fibra optica 35K to 65K/month, dont care if im a bit outside the city.

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
Hello!

I am looking to move from Santo Domingo (finally had enough after 6 years lol) to either Jarabacoa or Santiago.

Was wondering if anyone here could refer me to a good real estate agent to look at a few house?

I have never liver in Santiago and don't know the city that much, wich zona are the best?

Looking for a quiet place, residencial with claro fibra optica 35K to 65K/month, dont care if im a bit outside the city.

YOu can rent my place
https://navasestatesandvilla.weebly.com/menu.html

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Hello!

https://www.corotos.com.do/profile/833da599-15ec-581b-b976-5c345c996636

Call Fe Abreu, she found me my rental in La Zurza, say hello and tell her Michael (Casa La Zurza) recommended her. She also can set you up with any work needed done, like plumber, electrician etc.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016

What language is this?

"Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi. Sed ut perspiciatis unde
omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium"

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
What language is this?

"Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi. Sed ut perspiciatis unde
omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium"

latin

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
Thanks all for recommendation.

Anyone got any info about this zone/residential?

residencial Israel / next to pontezuela

Also llanos de gurabo?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I live close to Res. Israel and it Is a very nice place. It is worth checking out, at least...
LLanos de Gurabo is also a good place and there are dozens more, that are not well known.
Your RE person can help you look around. Lots of places available.

HB

I have to and pick up my wife or else I would write more.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
hello again!! Okay, let's look at a few things.
Do you have aminals?
Health issues?
I imagine if you work, you work on-line?

Let me tell you about Santiago.
It used to be a villa of some 40,000 folks. Today it is a major city, commercial and transportation hub. It has several important industrial free zones: PISANO, Santiago I, II and III and Tamboril. Plus dozens of smaller ones.
It also has, let's say, bdtween 4 and 6 major health center (private, of course): HOMS, Unión Médica del Norte, Materno-Infantil, Centro Médico del Cibao, Corominas and Bonilla. And, there are others of lesser quality. These six are where "we" go when sick. Everything from the top of your head--ENT, Neurologists, psychiatrists to the bottom of your feet...orthopedists and podiatrists-- are available. There are at least two importan cancer centers (HOMS and Unión Médica)
There are several universities, with the PUCMM being the oldest private, non-profit university. There is a major cultural scene, with Centro León and the Regional Theater, and at least five good/decent hotels.
Bunch of pharmacies.
Three social clubs, with the Centro Español being the most exclusive and Santiago CC and AMAPROSAN quite affordable.
There is a golf club: Las Aromas, 18 holes, Pete Dye design.
There are small zoos.
There is a major park at the old airport near the center of town where you can walk or bike.

The traffic is getting worse. Between peak hours it is fine, and at night (but they never dim their lights, unless yours are brighter!!)

There are churches of just about every Christian denomination with the Catholics the most wide-spread.

So, be a good person and let us know more about you so we can sort of point you in the right direction.

Cordially,

HB

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
hello again!! Okay, let's look at a few things.
Do you have aminals?
Health issues?
I imagine if you work, you work on-line?

Let me tell you about Santiago.
It used to be a villa of some 40,000 folks. Today it is a major city, commercial and transportation hub. It has several important industrial free zones: PISANO, Santiago I, II and III and Tamboril. Plus dozens of smaller ones.
It also has, let's say, bdtween 4 and 6 major health center (private, of course): HOMS, Unión Médica del Norte, Materno-Infantil, Centro Médico del Cibao, Corominas and Bonilla. And, there are others of lesser quality. These six are where "we" go when sick. Everything from the top of your head--ENT, Neurologists, psychiatrists to the bottom of your feet...orthopedists and podiatrists-- are available. There are at least two importan cancer centers (HOMS and Unión Médica)
There are several universities, with the PUCMM being the oldest private, non-profit university. There is a major cultural scene, with Centro León and the Regional Theater, and at least five good/decent hotels.
Bunch of pharmacies.
Three social clubs, with the Centro Español being the most exclusive and Santiago CC and AMAPROSAN quite affordable.
There is a golf club: Las Aromas, 18 holes, Pete Dye design.
There are small zoos.
There is a major park at the old airport near the center of town where you can walk or bike.

The traffic is getting worse. Between peak hours it is fine, and at night (but they never dim their lights, unless yours are brighter!!)

There are churches of just about every Christian denomination with the Catholics the most wide-spread.

So, be a good person and let us know more about you so we can sort of point you in the right direction.

Cordially,

HB
Hi Hillbilly :)

Yes, have 2 dogs, work online from my house. Im not picky about location(in the sense if its a bit outside the city, i dont mind( and just want a place where its peaceful and not too much noise and of course secure.

I am visiting a place in res Israel and its #1 on my list, We do not have health problem and im not worried about this overall.

Is there any social club nearby res israel, like tennis, sports etc maybe a gym?

Also the electricity in this sector is stable?

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
So I went today in Santiago to see a few houses, two caught my attention, one in villa olga and one im res israel.

Really liked the neighborhood in villa olga, at least the part for the house I saw. It was very quiet, absolutely no traffic and I was really surprise to see that in an "open" street/zone.

In Israel, clearly the value is the house because the zone itself is pretty bad (it's safe/gated) but def in a ****ty part of Santiago.

This was my first time visiting santiago for a full day and I was really impressed, streets where clean overall, traffic not so bad, la gente definitely more civilized vs santo domingo.

Stopped by la barttola brasserie for dinner, was very good!

How often electricity go out in a good neighborhood like villa olga? is it considered one of the best zone or just a good zone to live? Also, since none of. those area are gated community how is it overall, is there a lot of incidents/crime or its safe overall?

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
...Like I have said before...look at La Zurza...It has all the things you mentioned.............

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
...Like I have said before...look at La Zurza...It has all the things you mentioned.............
probably mixing up with the other similar thread.

what does la zurza has that lets say villa olga/la espanola doesnt have?

La zurza looked like a nice area but I feel like the house are a bit older, less modern? im looking at something between 40 and 65k and in la zurza the options agents showed me where more houses in the 25-35k range.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
...there are 3 parts to La Zurza, the newer ones are more expensive... part one was built about 1975...still building the newest.............Doc.........

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
probably mixing up with the other similar thread.

what does la zurza has that lets say villa olga/la espanola doesnt have?

La zurza looked like a nice area but I feel like the house are a bit older, less modern? im looking at something between 40 and 65k and in la zurza the options agents showed me where more houses in the 25-35k range.

Why would you want to pay more?

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Is there any public park to play tennis in Santiago?

....if you find anyplace to play tennis...please let me know....looking out front window and there are 2 houses that would be in the price you want.............Doc..........