Huelga in Navarrete today?

HDR

Nov 21, 2012
I heard that there is going to be a huelga in Navarrete. I was supposed to pass by there today, but thinking of staying one more night in Monte Cristi. Huelga in Navarrrete is never a good thing. Been there, done that...

Thanks for any info

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Truckers are all over the DR today with a strike. Stay off the hwys.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
It appears the government has come up with a way to start
fazing these transport unions out. They've increased the price
of fuel but at the same time they are refusing to allow the drivers/
public transportation companies to increase the fare. Am I correct
when I say this or am I missing something?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
That looks like a formula to make the current "system" go away, not break the syndicos. It's not as if non syndico drivers have any sort of incentive or advantage over those operating under the status quo.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
It appears the government has come up with a way to start fazing these transport unions out. They've increased the price of fuel but at the same time they are refusing to allow the drivers/public transportation companies to increase the fare. Am I correct when I say this or am I missing something?

most of carros publicos are running on LPG. large trucks use petrol. which is subsidized by the government. which gets nothing in return because drivers do not pay taxes, they do not pay traffic fines and many do not even have a drivers licence. it's all fun.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
OMSA has started running a bus route on Abraham Lincoln, and the conchos are going nuts over it.

They say they've "owned" that route for over 20 years.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
OMSA has started running a bus route on Abraham Lincoln, and the conchos are going nuts over it.

They say they've "owned" that route for over 20 years.

Oh yea
I used to live across from the old Codetel admin offices on Lincoln(92-99). you never seen conchos on Lincoln. Then for a while they opened it in the morning until about 9am(don't know if still in effect). Lots of memories of walking to Churchill or up to Kennedy or Lope De Vega for a concho or bandera. Concho unions lying again.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
most of carros publicos are running on LPG. large trucks use petrol. which is subsidized by the government. which gets nothing in return because drivers do not pay taxes, they do not pay traffic fines and many do not even have a drivers licence. it's all fun.

Maybe they are just being calm for now hoping Leonel will be re-elected.