Send a passport to the uk?

chrisdr

Oct 7, 2012
Hey guys,
Just quick one, does anyone know of a delivery company that will send a package (with passports) to the UK? I am applying for my daughters first passport and I need to send mine and my wifes back to the UK with the application...
I already got my other daughters last year but I had a friend heading back so they took it. I know a lot of delivery companies will not accept a package with passports inside...

Thanks in advance

Chris

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I think DHL do as the UK passport office sent my passport back to me here in the DR using DHL.

Matilda

chrisdr

Oct 7, 2012
I think DHL do as the UK passport office sent my passport back to me here in the DR using DHL.

Matilda

Yeah I tried them (as thats who's sent the passport to me last time) but I asked the guy at the desk and they said no... strange hey

Thanks

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
If you go to CPS they will be able to send it for you via one of the main courier companies. They are on Roberto Pastoriza and when you go in, you need to go upstairs. Also remember that when you ask a question about whether something is possible in most Dominican companies, the default answer is always No. You need to ask to speak to a manager, tell them you were told that it definitely was possible on the phone before you came in, and make a fuss. I cannot believe that DHL do not send passports, so it's worth trying them again (as well as UPS, TNT and all the others).

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
If you check the websites for the big Int'l courier companies, many list passports as not being accepted for shipping. This is a liability issue for the most part. Passports are in a high demand by criminals and do sometimes go missing while in transit. When a person reports having lost their passport, there can be a cursory police investigation and the courier companies wish to avoid this process.

If you put your passport in an envelope with a couple pieces of paper and then put that envelop inside the courier over pack it will usually get delivered just fine. List the contents on the content declaration as "Documents" and omit the word passport.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
If you check the websites for the big Int'l courier companies, many list passports as not being accepted for shipping. This is a liability issue for the most part. Passports are in a high demand by criminals and do sometimes go missing while in transit. When a person reports having lost their passport, there can be a cursory police investigation and the courier companies wish to avoid this process.

If you put your passport in an envelope with a couple pieces of paper and then put that envelop inside the courier over pack it will usually get delivered just fine. List the contents on the content declaration as "Documents" and omit the word passport.

The trouble is that certain addresses are highlighted that they may contain a passport, such as UK passport office. One way around this would be to DHL an envelope to a private address in the UK to a family member who can then forward it on to the passport office in the UK.

I recall a friend in Bavaro had a similar experience not being able to post an expired passport back to the UK. He contacted the UK embassy in Santo Domingo, who made a few phone calls to the couriers and it was resolved for a while. It seems like some of them have to defaulted to the "No" position again as happens here.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
When I lost my UK passport, I sent the documents needed to replace it to the UK passport office by DHL. The new passport was delivered to my home by DHL.

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
UPS will physically check what it is, they accept passports if it goes to an embassy or consulate, not to a private address.