What is ricazon or picazon?

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
I think these are just generic words for itching.

However, in the barrio, a large number of people have pimple like bumps that itch to distraction, but eventually disappear.

I think they are the obvious: ant bites. But I've been told emphatically that it is some sort of virus. It certainly doesn't look wart like.

Cortisone cream and injections help.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Ants, fleas, mites, chiggers.

Ant's are more painful/annoying than itchy. Most people are painfully aware when they are beset by ants. The others are itchy to distraction and scratching can get them infected. Calamine Lotion can help with mild itchiness as can an antihistamine.

JasonD

Bronze
Feb 10, 2018
You mean hinchazon and picazon, and yes; both could emerge from mosquitoes, ants, spiders, etc.

Alcohol would fix that.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
You mean hinchazon and picazon, and yes; both could emerge from mosquitoes, ants, spiders, etc.

Alcohol would fix that.

Should the alcohol be applied externally or taken internally.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
It is likely scabies. This is common in DR and it takes sulfur soap and permathrin. Scabies is a skin mite.

cruzan1

Sep 12, 2016
It is likely scabies. This is common in DR and it takes sulfur soap and permathrin. Scabies is a skin mite.

Scabies has been spreading around the N Coast pretty rapidly in the last few months, I know several people who have contracted it and they don't live in the barrio. They are very easy to catch and very difficult to get rid of without meds.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
We had scabiës years ago...Ivermectine. Two times a pill and they get paralized and starve. Wash all your clothes and sheets at 60 degrees.
We got the scabiës at a hotel in Cabarete.

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
Thanks! I looked up scabies and the rash looks different. Although, good to know.

Apparently, it went through the neighborhood rapidly a few weeks ago hitting about a 3rd of the people. The symptoms are receding and there aren't new cases.

I looked up chicken pox as well, but the rashes look different. Although all the pictures are for light skinned people, so not sure.