Ink Cartridge Refill Stores in PP

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Not really so simple ... Todays printers are a LOT smarter than that ... they shut down the Printer, and wont let it restart ( or print properly) just because you simply added more ink of one color ... haha .. not that simple ...there is a reason for that technology, and its not made so you can save money by injecting some Ink.
The printer even uses BLUE Ink when you are printing in BLACK only, so that the blue goes empty , and you are once again, outsmarted..

Im sure Computer Geek guys will chime in.. I'm just speaking from my experience.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Cartridges used in newer printers contain a microchip that keeps track of cartridge usage. When the programmed service life of the cartridge is exceeded, the printer will refuse to use it even if full of ink.

In some cases there may be ways to get around the chip but I gave up playing that game a long time ago. Now I go online to a discount ink cartridge reseller of which there are many and buy a package that contains 3 black cartridges and two of each colour.

Eg. https://www.123ink.ca/p-345964-oneb...cmy-high-yield-10pack?atc_source=catalog#5105 (an example only. I have used them in the past but they are in Canada so not much use here)

It's much cheaper than buying name brand cartridges and they will not dry out if left sealed and are not used for a year or two. No fuss , no muss, no bother.

When buying a printer it is a good idea to research the cost of cartridge replacement. The printer itself is often priced exceptionally low as a loss leader to entice you to buy. Whiz-bang printers using 7 cartridges may print great photographs for those who need that and use photo paper, but for most, a 4 cartridge printer will do just fine. Brother is a decent brand name with slightly cheaper replacement cartridge costs. Canon and Epson should be avoided unless other operational considerations trump consumable costs.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I have a canon, less that a year old and I print a lot. I always do my own refilling of cartridges and it is very simple to turn off the low ink warning. It works for up to four times or sometimes five, refilling the cartridge and then stops after that. Still saves a fortune.

Matilda

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I have a canon, less that a year old and I print a lot. I always do my own refilling of cartridges and it is very simple to turn off the low ink warning. It works for up to four times or sometimes five, refilling the cartridge and then stops after that. Still saves a fortune.

Matilda

the OP used the words ''usual place'', so one might surmise that whatever he was doing worked for him. between him and his prior outfit, they were getting his documents printed before, and he simply wants another outfit like the one he used in the past. nothing to overthink here.

jd_mine

Sep 24, 2003
Cartridges used in newer printers contain a microchip that keeps track of cartridge usage. When the programmed service life of the cartridge is exceeded, the printer will refuse to use it even if full of ink.

In some cases there may be ways to get around the chip but I gave up playing that game a long time ago. Now I go online to a discount ink cartridge reseller of which there are many and buy a package that contains 3 black cartridges and two of each colour.

Eg. https://www.123ink.ca/p-345964-oneb...cmy-high-yield-10pack?atc_source=catalog#5105 (an example only. I have used them in the past but they are in Canada so not much use here)

It's much cheaper than buying name brand cartridges and they will not dry out if left sealed and are not used for a year or two. No fuss , no muss, no bother.

When buying a printer it is a good idea to research the cost of cartridge replacement. The printer itself is often priced exceptionally low as a loss leader to entice you to buy. Whiz-bang printers using 7 cartridges may print great photographs for those who need that and use photo paper, but for most, a 4 cartridge printer will do just fine. Brother is a decent brand name with slightly cheaper replacement cartridge costs. Canon and Epson should be avoided unless other operational considerations trump consumable costs.
There are websites where you can buy non-brand cartridges with microchips which will fool the printer and which you can can fill with a syringe. It works pretty well and will bring your ink costs down to almost nothing. The cartridges even have a little hole with cap on the top for easy filling.
I've stopped using inkjet printers though and have bought a cheap laser printer. These have cheap toners, always work and never dry out. It's only black print though. A color laser printer will be much more expensive in regards to toners.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I have an Epson Workforce 545 because I checked which printers could and could not use the microchip-ed refillable cartridges. This model can and I have never purchased a genuine Epson cartridge for it over the years. I just refill the cartridges and replace the hearing aid sized battery in them from time to time when they are not recognized.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Get a printer with continuous ink tanks.

I think I paid $250 @ Cecomsa in STI for an Epson L355 with continuous ink Huge savings.

After three years of continuous service, I'll finally take it in for printer head and ink sponge renewal for RD$1000.

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
at the traffic light at Centromedico Bournigal there is a place called Techno Tint. check there.

Thank you. It turns out that this is the new location of my old store on 27th Feb.
Also thanks to everyone for their suggestions. Who knew that the 'internet of things' extended to the lowly ink cartridge!

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Thank you. It turns out that this is the new location of my old store on 27th Feb.
Also thanks to everyone for their suggestions. Who knew that the 'internet of things' extended to the lowly ink cartridge!

right. they used to be on 27 Feb, now they moved to the building where Blumbox operates..