Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hip Replacement Surgery

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hip Replacement Surgery

Any ideas or suggestions? My insurance is US based, but I thought I'd price out the RD version.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I would recommend that you do that kind of surgery in the US if possible. If you don't already have insurance here in the DR, keep in mind that companies will not cover pre-existing conditions.

3. Likes KateP liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I know one person that got it done here and it didn't work out to well for him.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Go to Miami if your insurance will cover it. Plenty of great surgeons there.

Moderator parum momenti
    Post Thanks / Like

From what I have heard, you get simple and routine procedures/treatments done here. Anything the requires advanced skills /experience, complicated treatments or has the potential to affect quality of life for a long time to come, you get done somewhere else even if it costs more.

I also hear that there are some really good doctors here but they may not have access to the best technology or after care professionals. Finding the best (or at least the highly competent) with the best is not always easy in this country.

7. Likes KateP liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

You also have to consider that with an operation like this you need a good anesthesiologist. This can go bad quickly in any operation.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Got rekt by a motorcycle. Went to Juan Bosch. Asked the Dr if he could have the surgery in the US, what would he do. Yup, he said do the surgery in the USA. BTW they only do the surgery, you have to get your own replacement parts. At least that was the way it was 5 years ago. Glad I went to USA.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GringoRubio View Post
    Any ideas or suggestions? My insurance is US based, but I thought I'd price out the RD version.
    Hip replacement is major surgery. Do not risk the consequences by having this type of surgery done in the D.R. so you can save money. You also have to take into consideration the physical therapy and rehab that is crucial after the surgery.

11. Likes cavok, KateP liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Right, thanks the advice. I'm definitely in the learning phase, but I suspect that it's in my future within a few years.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

There’s a surgeon in Santo Domingo who my friend swore by, and she was a medical professional in NYC before retiring in DR. He did her hip replacement.

https://guiamedica.com.do/medicos/dr...santo-domingo/

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast