Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dominican Aduanas Question for Car

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dominican Aduanas Question for Car

I have a group of friends that have identified a 2015 Toyota van they would like to purchase and subsequently donate to a needy family here in the Santiago area. I've agreed to help them in this process and have learned that it is a "rebuilt" title. I know "Salvage" titles are not allowed to be imported - but several at SeaBoard believe that "rebuilt" titles are indeed allowed into the country. Is this true (because I don't want to get into problems with Aduanas) and if so where could I find some documentation or law (etc.) on this online within Aduanas? Thanks in advance for your advice.

2. Likes JDJones liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a very nice gift for a "needy" family.

4. Likes JDJones, Fulano2, Africaida liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tom4Coop View Post
    I have a group of friends that have identified a 2015 Toyota van they would like to purchase and subsequently donate to a needy family here in the Santiago area. I've agreed to help them in this process and have learned that it is a "rebuilt" title. I know "Salvage" titles are not allowed to be imported - but several at SeaBoard believe that "rebuilt" titles are indeed allowed into the country. Is this true (because I don't want to get into problems with Aduanas) and if so where could I find some documentation or law (etc.) on this online within Aduanas? Thanks in advance for your advice.
    Your friends are aware of the shipping costs and taxes and associated charges it will cost, right?

6. Likes Fulano2 liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

First Post. I smell a large one here.................

8. Likes JDJones liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Already got my popcorn.

I'm guessing he's talking about a Sienna. Pretty sure the HiAce and the Lite aren't available up there.

A 2015 Sienna has got to be around 25 grand, wouldn't it?

BTW, Sorry for not addressing the "rebuilt" versus "salvage" but I'd be nervous about it.

I'd be looking at locally available first before I'd import.
    Last edited by JDJones; 10-02-2018 at 04:09 PM.

10. Likes cobraboy, Fulano2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cavok View Post
    That's a very nice gift for a "needy" family.
    I think so - yes

Post Thanks / Like

Yes its a beautiful "rebuilt" red Sienna. The Sienna is being purchased "rebuilt" for $8,500 - a far cry from 25,000. And yes Im nervous about rebuilt - thus the reason I cam to dr1.com You guys are notorious for tracking down this type of information. Its not up to me to buy locally - far easier for me to do. It up to me to be grateful for them helping this family out.

Post Thanks / Like

I imported a 40 passenger air conditioned diesel bus 2 years ago for a poor church in the Santiago area and Aduanas was gracious enough not to charge import taxes. Large is in the eye of the beholder I guess

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDJones View Post
    Your friends are aware of the shipping costs and taxes and associated charges it will cost, right?
    Yes they are aware of 5 separate charges involving this purchase. 1.) American Taxes 2.) Transportation to Port 3.) Seaboard Charges 4.) Import related charges 5.) Import Taxes

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

So let’s start a local church. Good business.

16. Likes Africaida, drstock liked this post
    Dislikes Buzzard disliked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast