Where is TW?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Is he on vacation on a foreign soil or simply hiding away in punta cana with his 17 yrs old pumkin pie?
Anyway, if all goes well, I will also be away next week for 2 weeks to USA and then to Morocco (casablanca). If I find an internet cafe, I will keep you all updated on my moroccan adventures. But don't just start celebrating my departure from DR1 yet, there are still some details to be worked out before i ship out. There is a good chance that I may not go anywhere at all :(
I have my fingers crossed. I want to go away.

Mar 21, 2002
and where is Isaac Greene

These guys added color and controversy. This bored I mean board has become that. Let's get some controversy going. Hey AZB I'm with you pro-palestinian and anti-zionism. Let's get the fires started or else I might rot.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
everyone hates me :(

Thanks O&C but I have stirred up enough waves (on other issues) to the point where many DR1 members will be very glad to see me disappear for 2 weeks to anywhere. I don't want to have to walk on the street with eyes on my back. I can foresee PIB hiring a hitman to shut me up for good.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Have a good trip AZB. By the way are you getting on one of those ummmm what's it's called again. Big metal bird with big metal wings and these things in the front that go round and round. Wish I knew what it was called but you know... I'm a woman :)

Mar 21, 2002
Anna you have said what Nostradamus said

out from the East an iron bird will bring fire unto the two towers. He predicted what occurred on 9-11.

Janice

Jan 12, 2002
Nostro

Yeah right, and he can tell what card is coming out of a blackjack shoe

You can interpret his ramblings any way you like, garbage

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
O&C if you liked that one, you should read Ezekiel in the old testament. I swear he's describing a space ship coming out of the clouds.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
AZB... bring toilet paper with you. Last time in Moracco I thought that the native toilet paper was a prelude to sex it was so rough.

smhair2.gif

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Suggestion...

AZB, postpone your trip to June and lets meet in
Thailand. I'll be in Pattaya where all vices
known to mankind are practiced. Sounds good?
Lets do it! X

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
AZB's trip went to hell.

Bad news. I will stay here. All the planes are full to Casablanca (morocco) next week. I tried out of JFK and also from Paris, France. Guess what, I can't even get a seat to Paris from Atlanta or from JFK. I was going to fly on a special ticket (seat available) to morocco but it seems that getting bumped off is immanent.
I will wait till next month or later to go.
But for right now (so it seems) AZB will settle for Casablanca of Santiago. Hehehehe, only santiageuros will understand this one.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Great idea X man

X man, I would love to go to thailand someday. I heard the food is just out of this world; not like the fake thai food that we are served in USA. Hey, maybe you can introduce me to other especialities of the region.
Let me think about june, so close by....

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Just a suggestion..........

Contact Merzouga Travel (they have a website) and go through Rome!! They specialize in Morocco........Tell them your Canadian "Aunt and Uncle" recommended them!
Flights to Rome are available from SDQ and I believe Punta Cana.

We 'll be going to Morocco in the fall through this agency (my hubby's neice :D) from Rome before we go to Egypt to "dive" the Red Sea.

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
MomC..

If you go to Marocco don't forget your belly dance costume. And read
"The sheltering Sky" by Paul Bowles it the most haunting book I've read, ever.
I think the guy lives in Marocco but he is English. X

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Hmmmm......

I'll see if I can find it! I just read (a few months ago) the story of the lady and her family that were held prisoners for 20 yrs because her father was part of a plot to overthrow the "king".
Can't remember the name off hand but it was a facinating true story!

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
MommC

Stolen Lives - 20 Years in a Desert Jail by Malika Oufkir. It's on my To Read list, actually.

Last edited:

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
That's it ....

I think!! :D

As for my costume I left it in the DR. I'm working on a new one that might be finished in time......thought I might buy a new one there or in Egypt. I'd at least like to see how they compare to the ones I make (good thing hubby is a designer/tailor- I've picked up a few tricks of the trade in the last 32 yrs!!)

TTWondergirl2.gif

BTW Excellent book....hard to believe these things still take place in the "modern" world!!

Last edited:

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Stolen Lives - 20 Years in a Desert Jail by Malika Oufkir. It's on my To Read list, actually.

I saw her on Oprah a while back. She was the King's daughter's friend too. It's amazing that after being locked up for so long she can function outside of 4 walls. Some of her family members weren't so lucky. She's a survivor!