Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Over 30 days your passport is blocked.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Over 30 days your passport is blocked.

Wife just flying out of POP. She just texted me.

"New immigration system. All foreign passports with a stay >30 days are automatically blocked So every time they have to take documents over to another station to unblock it"

We are Dominican residence but appears that does not matter. We have had this happen a couple of times before but was not consistent. I fly out Friday so will see.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

This has been the law/norm for quite some time. Several threads have addressed it

All non-Dominican passports are blocked, even Dominicans with dual-nationality if they enter with a foreign passport. Was a quick unlock as soon as Mr AE showed his cedula.

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

3. Likes bob saunders, Riva_31 liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

They want to make sure to collect the Overstay Fee.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

The internet age is creeping into the DR.
    Good or bad things are changing. The net is great for keeping track of people.
    DR income taxes?

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    They want to make sure to collect the Overstay Fee.
    Exactly. No longer can the traveler fold some cash in their passport and be passed through. The individual immigration guy or gal can’t unlock it. Has to be done at the overstay counter. We didn’t know that, after we paid my overstay we proceeded to the regular line, only to have to wait while someone came over and took Mr AEs passport to unlock it.

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I have read that other airports have been doing this for some time. POP is usually behind. As I said before, a few times they had to unblock them but not consistent.

We ALWAYS have our residence cards with our passport so that does seam to make things go faster... from what the supervisor says. They are not set up/programed to tag people as a resident using a foreign passport that would be a lot better.

So ALL foreign passports that are over 30 days stay are now blocked.

As noted before; It's the law.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it depends on how new your residency card is.
    I have renewed recently and I now appear on the computer.... no need for fingerprints

The newer cards may be 'in the system' while the older ones are not.

I renewed in April and have no problems since... 2 or 3 exits

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    Exactly. No longer can the traveler fold some cash in their passport and be passed through. The individual immigration guy or gal can’t unlock it. Has to be done at the overstay counter. We didn’t know that, after we paid my overstay we proceeded to the regular line, only to have to wait while someone came over and took Mr AEs passport to unlock it.
    If Mr. [email protected] still has a Dominican passport tell him to use it at Immigration. Going out they will want to see the US one but stamp the DR one.I use the DR passport so my US one is never locked.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    If Mr. [email protected] still has a Dominican passport tell him to use it at Immigration. Going out they will want to see the US one but stamp the DR one.I use the DR passport so my US one is never locked.
    He carries his DR passport but never uses it because it expired years ago. Since we always have to go to the overstay desk for mine anyway........

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    He carries his DR passport but never uses it because it expired years ago. Since we always have to go to the overstay desk for mine anyway........
    Sooo. It's Mr. AE's problem. lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast