ATM Machines

boz151

Mar 25, 2002
Hola,
I'm getting ready for my first trip to the DR, leaving on Saturday. We'll be staying in the Sosua area with another couple. Do I need traveller's checks, or are there ATM(money) Machines in relative abundance?

Thanks in Advance. This board has been great.

Boz

PS - Looking forward to playing Playa Grande a few times !!!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Lots of ATMs, you can

Exchange traveler's Cheques at any of the bancos de Cambio or Casa de Cambio there is "Sosua.

Be nice and e-mail me to see if we can do Playa Grande. I need an excuse! I am not what I used to be but can maybe break 100...If youwant heat let me know and I'll bring my son (+2)

HB
needs_a_shave.gif

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I live in Sosua. The ATM I usually use is located near the entrance door to Banco Popular. The only time that I have had a problem is when the international telephone line is temporarily out of service. When this occurs, I find that if I try again in an hour or so I am able to get money. This machine accepts both bank cards and credit cards. Others I have tried in Sosua seemed to be limited to credit cards.

richard

Jan 1, 2002
Ken said:
I live in Sosua. The ATM I usually use is located near the entrance door to Banco Popular. The only time that I have had a problem is when the international telephone line is temporarily out of service. When this occurs, I find that if I try again in an hour or so I am able to get money. This machine accepts both bank cards and credit cards. Others I have tried in Sosua seemed to be limited to credit cards.

One suggestion, be sure to keep an accurate track of your transactions. If by chance the machine doesn't cough out the cash write down the date and time and check your statement carefully. Whatever you do don't get a VISA advance in pesos from a kiosk near the bank at the airport. Without a doubt the guy is a thief, after running my card and I decided not to obtain the advance due to a ridiculous service charge and the amount hewas going to enter was in Euros he even forged my signature on a cash advance slip. It was reversed by VISA, but he is still in business.