Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone heard of the Toyota Rush?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone heard of the Toyota Rush?

Appears to be a new SUV on the market. I had never heard of it until I was browsing Super Carros.

It looks ideal for the DR. Body-on-chassis construction, three rows of seats, 1.5 turbo petrol engine delivering 40+ mpg and an incredible price of $26,900, or $29,900 if you want leather.

It looks very well equipped too.

Looking into its background it seems to be a re-badged Daihatsu Terios, but this model is based on a Toyota platform and is made in Indonesia. Putting that Toyota badge is definitely gong to give it kudos in this country.

Size wise it looks like it fits in between the Rav4 and the Fortuner.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I've heard of it but don't have any experience with the Rush. We need to bring a vehicle with us to DR in 2020 and have our eye on a '19 Rav4. It seems a bit more "rugged" than previous models - better traction control, higher clearance, etc. Normally aspirated engine, normal 8 speed tranny. No CVT. Nothing "weird" to deal with later when it breaks. Initially looked at Subaru but you have the CRT and a wonky flat 4 engine that normal mechanics might have an issue with.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post

Appears to be a new SUV on the market. I had never heard of it until I was browsing Super Carros.

It looks ideal for the DR. Body-on-chassis construction, three rows of seats, 1.5 turbo petrol engine delivering 40+ mpg and an incredible price of $26,900, or $29,900 if you want leather.

Looking into its background it seems to be a re-badged Daihatsu Terios, but this model is based on a Toyota platform and is made in Indonesia. Putting that Toyota badge is definitely gong to give it kudos in this country.

The Rush has been around for a few years now.

Sold mostly and popular in the Pacific rim countries, it has now been re-designed and enlarged as it makes its way to the West.

7 seater with a 1.5L engine..........seems under powered. Maybe the Turbo gives it what it needs.

It is not currently sold in the US.

Respectfully,
    Playacaribe2

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by playacaribe2 View Post
    The Rush has been around for a few years now.

Sold mostly and popular in the Pacific rim countries, it has now been re-designed and enlarged as it makes its way to the West.

7 seater with a 1.5L engine..........seems under powered. Maybe the Turbo gives it what it needs.

It is not currently sold in the US.

Respectfully,
    Playacaribe2
    I agree it's probably not going to set your world on fire in terms of poke. But the roads aren't up to sufficient standards for a fast car anyway. The trade off is that amazing fuel economy.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree it's probably not going to set your world on fire in terms of poke. But the roads aren't up to sufficient standards for a fast car anyway. The trade off is that amazing fuel economy.
    Speaking of which, while it does have pretty good ground clearance.........it is not available in 4 wheel/AWD.

Fully loaded with 7 passengers and cargo with a 1.5.......I bet that engine has to work real hard.....and in this day and age, why did they use a 4 speed transmission.

Respectfully,
    Playacaribe2

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by playacaribe2 View Post
    ..it is not available in 4 wheel/AWD.
    No deal

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

What my wife wants. She will need a new hubby with da $$$.

https://www.rolls-roycemotorcars.com.../cullinan.html

What I want. We have a 2013 with the Hemi.... voooorrrroooom. Love it.

https://www.jeep.com/build#/powertra...X9,PUW,22P,APA

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Kind of looks like a Nissan Rogue/Murano (currently drive one) . Could just be the angle of the photo. Maybe something to look into, I like Toyota.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

If it's a rebadged Terios, it's gotta be pretty good. The Terios and the Sirion have been rebadged as Toyotas for years.

I have owned both new and used and found them to be excellent vehicles.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDJones View Post
    If it's a rebadged Terios, it's gotta be pretty good. The Terios and the Sirion have been rebadged as Toyotas for years.

I have owned both new and used and found them to be excellent vehicles.
    The specs are pretty much the same............but there is a difference.

The Terios is a Crossover (built and based on a car chassis) and the Rush is an SUV (built and based on a truck platform).

So what then is likely discernable is that all other things being equal, you will get a smoother ride from the Terios.

Respectfully,
    Playacaribe2

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast