Return 2 DR - Part II - Couldn't Keep Away!!!

MysteryLady

Jan 3, 2002
Hey Guys,

My friend and I are returning to the DR on June 30th - 3 weeks. (2nd Trip) This year we are staying at the Dorado Club Resort - Playa Dorado. Anyone stayed there before or heard anything about it?

We are both in our late 20's and like to have a good time. Are the same disco's still going on in Playa Dorado? (I have read the board and will be checking out the bars/discos in Sosua) Would also like some recommedations for bars/disco's in Caberete and surrounding areas too please...?

Can anyone give me some info on what happens down at the Boluvard in Puerto Plata at the weekends, we've heard that people go down there listen to music and have a few presidentes, is that the case and would we be fine going down there on our own?

Thanx....
MysteryLady

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Dorado Club isnice

We have been going there for like 20 years and it is nice. Good atmosphere and next to the Commercial Center. All the Discos are there and Sosua and Cabarete are going to be filling up with the English crowd according to Eddy. I'll let y
needs_a_shave.gif
ou know after I go up there on Wednesday next.

HB

ms.mathilda

May 5, 2002
not sure what goes on on the boulevard on the weekends but i was there during the week. there are always a lot of people there (it seems like everyone knew each other). i was with some dominican friends that i met there and they showed me around.

if you are 2 females just be prepared to be stared at! not only by men, by everyone! it is because they are not used to seeing a lot of tourists and they think we are very beautiful! A few times i would be standing there and children would just come up and stare! you will definitely stand out but the dominican people are very friendly. if you know some spanish it will help a lot and then you can make friends fast.
i felt very safe and found the people very warm and inviting. I will never forget the friends i made there. they took me into their houses and showed me how they live, what they do. they are very laid back people and 90% of the time happy!
Don't feel threatened by the guys in their 20's if they come up and talk to you .talk with them they are harmless really and just curious about american girls (like they told me they like my white skin)! and plus they will make you feel very welcome in their town and show you around.

they have alot of stands set up there were vendors sell do dads, cheap jewelry. to us it isn't much and you probably won't find anything you'd like to buy but it is fun to just walk around with a Presidente!

go and have fun! (I will be back in June)!

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
In Sosua go to Rockys Bar and Eddys Sports bar. Say hi to Eddy and to Marco in Rockys. Real nice guys and happy to talk to strangers:) They will point you in any direction you need to find.

Cabarete, just go to the beach and walk from club to club. No problema. Plenty of nice places on the beach.

Have a ball. Heck have two balls:)

Regards,
Escott

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I was being very cautious before

i am surprised that no one has mentioned the Sankis to you. these are the nice, viril young men that come on to you as if you were the true love of their lives. You will be wooed like you won't believe. and so sincere. enjoy the moment but never, never, take them for more than what they are: Active males looking for money...and sex..

HB
needs_a_shave.gif

del4fun00

Apr 26, 2002
like any skin

Mathilda -

I think they would love any "skin" type as long as they are foreign. Don't be too impressed with yourself.

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I sincerely wish that some people would stop being so harsh when discussing Dominicans (mostly men) who work in the hotels. Honestly, it is very sad to witness this constant bashing and stereotyping of such a large group of people. The terms being used to describe them are offensive to me. It is my opinion that there are bad people every where...with money and without. Most of the Dominicans (regardless of their employer) I have had the pleasure of meeting are very nice, down to earth people. It is through some of them that I had the opportunity to see more of the country and experience the culture which I am now so very fond of.

ms.mathilda

May 5, 2002
del-
just to be more clear: i am not impressed with myself because i have white skin. In general I am impressed with myself because i am an attractive, intelligent women along with many other fine qualities. i consider my friends with brown or black skin having the same characteristics.

hillbilly-
Just remember not all Domincan men are Sankies if they want to talk to a foreign women. maybe these guys were, maybe they weren't but who the hell cares if you don't open up your wallet to them? why not meet dominicans while you're there and learn about their country?
I am approached by men in my country too. i talk to them. this is the way to socialize and learn about other people and life in general.
oh- and sometimes i look for sex too. that is human nature. sometimes i look for money if i need a loan. but that is the givers choice to give money not the askers. comprende?
oh and by the way these people did not work at hotels.

nelly- thank you. you made a very valid point!

Mathilda M.

MysteryLady

Jan 3, 2002
THANX....

Thanx guys for responding, I appreciate it. I have noted all the comments made.

We were in the Dominican last year so we know what to expect. We just go there to relax and have a good time!!! 3 weeks of SUN, SEA and ... whatever else takes our fancy!!!

Hillbilly - We're coming from London, England. I have heard nice things about Eddy's Bar, so I am keen to check it out.. I have also heard of somewhere called 'Willys' I think that is also in Sosua.... Do you know of it..? You also mentioned the Sankies...my friend and I heard all the lines while we were over there. You get sankies in every country though, it's just how you deal with them at the end of the day. DR or England we play the game. How we look at the sankies in the DR is, these guys do what they have to do to survive. If they can sweet talk a woman for 2 weeks and get money or gifts for it, good luck to them. They get what they want and the woman has a good time in the process. No-one gets hurt, unless they are stupid enough to think that they are in love with someone after 2 weeks!! We were there for 2 weeks last year and the guys are gorgeous and it's nice to have a dabble, but at the end of the day you know your going home, so just have FUN and ENJOY it, that's what a holiday is all about, letting your hair down and just chilling out!! That's our motto anyway......!!

Anyway Thanx again everybody!! (7 weeks till we arrive, god willing)