Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rose17

Oct 2, 2018
How to know the difference between a good DR man and a sanky panky.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Who pays for dinner ? You or him.
If it's always you - Sanky Panky

Rose17

Oct 2, 2018
He lives in DR doesnt ask me for a cent. And took care of everything for me while I was there.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Then his other novia in Canada is paying for you.
These guys are pretty slick, watch she arrives on your plane as you leave.
Hire a PI, or surprise him a week earlier than expected next time.

Rose17

Oct 2, 2018
So regardless of the guy taking me around where hes from meeting his family. Paying for a sick note just to spend time with me doesn't mean anything? I'm trying to figure this out I know how these guys can be. But I'm also trying to be one step ahead.

I read of some stories that seem to work out with these guys. But at the same time I'm not oblivious to things.

Rose17

Oct 2, 2018
Thank you for that. But this guy I met In may and still currently talking to has not once asked me for money ..nor relates to any of the things in the link..

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Simple question, HOW and WHERE did you meet him..
If he WORKED at the ALL Inclusive where you stayed . Like as the Dance Instructor . forget it ... and move on..

But If like he has a Good Job and you met by chance at like the MALL or a Restaurant , ..then it may be a GO....

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
Chances are he is a sanky. If he has lots of money and works at a resort, he's not getting it from PG sources. Often times, infidelity is culturally acceptable due to poverty & a different world view. Don't think you're a step ahead- because if you need to be, then you definitely aren't. Listen to Tamborista, read Matilda's blog on sankies.

alexw

Gold
Sep 6, 2008
NYC-SDQ BABY!
If you listen to these people then everybody in the country is bad and the only decent people are foreigners. My advice to you is to see what happens when the money request does happen and it will. Keep your wallet closed and you will see what kind of man you have.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Is this just a regular hotel or a true Resort and where?

Is there an Echo in here ? Let her go at her own pace and answer..

First you say " these people" like we are clueless, even though Most here are Married to Dominicans or have DECADES of experience traveling there , or both , and then you ask the same exact question we just asked her...

Rose17

Oct 2, 2018
He works in a resort in Punta Cana. But in 5 months the only time conversion about money came up was because I said if you ever ask me for money not to speak to me again.

sylindr

Nov 29, 2007
So regardless of the guy taking me around where hes from meeting his family. Paying for a sick note just to spend time with me doesn't mean anything? I'm trying to figure this out I know how these guys can be. But I'm also trying to be one step ahead.

I read of some stories that seem to work out with these guys. But at the same time I'm not oblivious to things.

There's a fine line between having reasonable money for what they do for a living and having enough money to wine and dine you which would be impossible.

He doesn't make enough in a week to pay for one night out with your for a nice dinner and drinks. If you want to go out and about foreigner style he can't afford it and you will ahve to pay. But if he takes you out dominican style and pays that would be reasonable.

If you are even wondering I think you have a feeling and always trust your little voice! Its telling you there's reason to be wary

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
He is a Sankie , 100% and you are not his First ...

But do what you heart tells you if you need to , but follow the rule you just outlined. and he WILL ask for money , someone WILL get sick, and he will need $.
These males seek out jobs at resorts for a REASON.. to meet women like you.. They know who to target and how to play your Heart ... Deep down you know this ...
Surprise him by just showing up . See how that goes . If you tell him when you are coming he will just Pencil you into his Calendar ... he has MANY..
Do you SKYPE with him EVERY night ? If it were REAL that is what you would be doing , every single night after work .

as Others have said read Matilda's Blog ..
Lots of women have been through this ..

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
He works in a resort in Punta Cana. But in 5 months the only time conversion about money came up was because I said if you ever ask me for money not to speak to me again.

Rose, Some of these guys play the short game, and some play the long game. You've already told him if he asks for money that's the end, so he's in long game mode.

You're not telling us much. How much time do you spend with him? Where are you living?

Employees in hotels make very low wages. If you end up having some sort of relationship with him, either you'll be footing bills to go out, or you'll become the 'stress reliever" for him and he'll go back to hanging out with his friends or the other women who do send him money while you sit at home and wonder what you did wrong..

Rose17

Oct 2, 2018
My question is how do you guys know all this .

Status
Not open for further replies.