Looking for a pool repair company

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I have some cracks in my concrete pool and it is in serious need of a repainting.

I have not been successful in finding someone local that I consider knowledgeable enough and who is willing to undertake these repairs. I am hoping someone else has had dealings with a company on the North Coast and can point me in their direction.

tia.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
CpT-Gringo - Try in HVB Plaza Tel no 809 57 4400 Ask for Sr Peter . Good but expensive.

Olly

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
After several years of battling with expensive epoxy paint that only lasts a short while, I bit the bullet when my pool needed renovating and tiled it with proper glass pool tiles from HVB plaza. These tiles are held in place with a paper backing that washes off prior to grouting. Much better than the mesh beneath method. Eventually those with the mesh loose adhesion and lift off, one by one. After three years of being installed with the adhesive they provide, I can count one missing square.

It is an expensive, one-time investment, but I use a fraction of the chemicals I used to, to keep the water pristine. And my pool looks beautiful and virtually maintenance free.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Buster Blowhard is a renter.....
\
I doubt he'll be lining the pool but your experience is good to know for owners.

Mine is just concrete.... block and concrete ....

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Same, mine is block and concrete.
But i am so tired of painting, filling cracks, etc....... and also it needs higher maintenance with every year that passes, just to keep it more or less clean.
I could be tempted to go the tile route....... unless i just fill the bloody thing up with rocks :(

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
No Cracks for me... solid ground...
But a friend close to water has a HUGE crack....destined to fall apart

He sold the house.... never told the buyer....

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Diamond brite is another option, but beware, there are some fly-by-night outfits that will sell you Diamond bright that is cut with plaster of Paris.

Done properly, it is also a apply-and -forget solution. A bit cheaper than tiling, but not much. Tiles will last forever, if they are proper glass pool tiles. Don't use ceramic. The chemicals will kill the glaze and you'll be back to square one.

Pool ownership is a bit more than a hole in the ground. I learned the hard way!

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Diamond brite is another option, but beware, there are some fly-by-night outfits that will sell you Diamond bright that is cut with plaster of Paris.

Done properly, it is also a apply-and -forget solution. A bit cheaper than tiling, but not much. Tiles will last forever, if they are proper glass pool tiles. Don't use ceramic. The chemicals will kill the glaze and you'll be back to square one.

Pool ownership is a bit more than a hole in the ground. I learned the hard way!

In all honesty, i doubt i would go for a pool again -------unless i become filthy rich and have some1 to clean it, etc......
At the time I didnt have a scooby what having a pool would imply.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
No Cracks for me... solid ground...
But a friend close to water has a HUGE crack....destined to fall apart

He sold the house.... never told the buyer....

yes....the pool I had In Houston texas, had a huge pool with cracks and leaked....told the new owner....he filled it in with dirt and planted grass, that was my last pool..........

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
With help from a local pool guy (who has always been great I might add) I found someone. A British Expat using local labour. His quoted price for the repair of the concrete pool is pretty good and much lower than I was expecting. He'll be doing the work next week depending on the weather. If it works out well, I'll post the contact info for the record in the Good People & Professionals thread in the Residents Forum.

Thx for the input everyone.

CpT-Gringo - Try in HVB Plaza Tel no 809 57 4400 Ask for Sr Peter . Good but expensive.

Olly

I would highly suggest no one to use this company! They have screwed my friend around for 4 months. Workers sometimes show up. The first day they slept for 5 hours. My friend didn’t say a word bc he wanted to see how long they would just sleep on his patio.
The job of course was promised to be finished a long long time ago...
I’m sure his pool will be finished before next summer.

Last edited: