Canadian VAC in the DR Closing

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Looks like they have to go to Mexico after that. They were already sending passports to and from Mexico, so this just cuts out the middle man. I know this because a family member recently went through sending documents to Santo Domingo and it was truly a stupid process. This should actually make it easier.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
They're just changing supplier. It's a third-party company that manages the VAC.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
My Canadian Visa and Domincan passport expire next april 2019, hope by that date everything come to normal and not complicated processes.
Should be. The new company is supposed to take over on Nov. 2nd.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
LOL who cares, you don't need to bring anything to the VAC in Santo Domingo to apply for a Visa to Canada.....you do it all online....and if you get approved, you bring your passport to the VAC and pay to send it to Mexico....skip the middle man and your chances of approval are way higher.....been there done that.......oh to add, the third party company is already doing the work....

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
My Canadian Visa and Domincan passport expire next april 2019, hope by that date everything come to normal and not complicated processes.

After December 31st, Dominicans will need to provide Biometrics, so you'll need to show up in person.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
After December 31st, Dominicans will need to provide Biometrics, so you'll need to show up in person.

Still apply online, you only need to provide Biometrics once you are approved....way easier than going to SDQ and having to hassle through all the crap.....again been there done that....

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Still apply online, you only need to provide Biometrics once you are approved....way easier than going to SDQ and having to hassle through all the crap.....again been there done that....

Great if is possible to be aproved online, by the time I got my visas, first one and second one the only thing you download was the forms.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Great if is possible to be aproved online, by the time I got my visas, first one and second one the only thing you download was the forms.

Just finished getting the wife's and daughters second visa to Canada, 6yrs (until the passport expires) and both times they were all done online....got a letter to bring to the VAC with the passports and pay the fee to send to Mexico....
Also helped about 10 other people do the same thing.....online,.....no need to to SDQ until you get the letter of approval....

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Just finished getting the wife's and daughters second visa to Canada, 6yrs (until the passport expires) and both times they were all done online....got a letter to bring to the VAC with the passports and pay the fee to send to Mexico....
Also helped about 10 other people do the same thing.....online,.....no need to to SDQ until you get the letter of approval....

I will get 10 years passport this time, 6 years pass very fast.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Last time I did applied, I didn't even use the VAC; sent my passport to Mexico along with the passport request letter via UPS. I later realized that using the VAC is less expensive and better, because your passport is more secure.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
VFS GLOBAL is now handling Canada Visa Applications for the DR.

https://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/DominicanRepublic/index.html

Address:

Canada Visa Application Centre

Ave. John F. Kennedy Esq. Ave. Ortega Y Gasset

Plaza Metropolitana, First Floor, locale 116 A-2

Santo Domingo 10511 ,

Distrito National, Dominican Republic

Hours of Operation:

Application / Biometric Submission: 09:00 – 17:00

Passport Submission –: 09:00 – 17:00

Passport Collection: 09:00 – 17:00

Last edited: