Warning on Logicpaq Courier Service (And a Question)

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
retired English teacher (30 years)
I have used Logicpaq (logicpaq.com.do) for more than a year. The service is efficient and the website is utilitarian, showing a bar graph of the status of each package: receipt in Miami; en route by air; arrival at distribution center; ready for pickup, along with the price (~ RD$179.00/lb). You are also notified by email of the same steps as they progress.

I have had success receiving 72/74 packages. But caveat emptor if they should lose a package. They have lost two of my packages and even though I presented complete documentation of the orders, cost, and tracking numbers to management at the main office on Churchill, all such evidence falls on deaf ears and blind eyes, as management (and other staff) present one fatuous lie/excuse after the next, causing me untold stress and anxiety.

The fact that I have written negative reviews on FB as well as Google Maps and soon will also write a negative review on their Android app, also falls on deaf ears. Have they no sense of their own self-interest, that if you treat a good customer shabbily that this fact will redound to your business and your welfare? Such blind stupidity leaves me dumbfounded.

Fortunately, my girlfriend works for an attorney who knows the owner of LP and he has offered to contact the company on my behalf free of charge.

I give this service an A for their service and a F for their failure to take responsibility for their errors. Since, according them them, they have not made any errors, even though they can see in my account that I have a package that has been in distribution since August 7, they must think themselves infallible. Whether this is hubrus or stupidity, I’m not sure.

Can anyone recommend a different courier service which also provides good service and takes responsibility for lost merchandise?? If you have a good service but have never lost a package, then this will not help me, since there is no way that you could ascertain that they are responsible if you have never lost a package. And I already have good service . . . at least in one respect.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Your packages might be stolen by Dominican custom officers, nothing new in DR.

You will be exposed to this decease using any other courier.

Good luck!

JJ

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
That's odd. My courier is responsible for the package until they deliver it to me. If it goes missing, they can reimburse me the amount on the invoice I submitted for customs.

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
Theft by Customs?

Good luck!

JJ

Hmm, my understanding is that if my orders are < $200. USD, that I do not pay Customs. However, once, for unknown reasons, I was charged a Customs fee by Logicpaq for a small order--and only once out of 74 orders.

Logicpaq has claimed that my order was never received in Miami and it would not have then passed through Customs. Even though I had clear documentation that they received my package in Miami, they denied it. An amazing feat of "create your own reality."

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
That's odd. My courier is responsible for the package until they deliver it to me. If it goes missing, they can reimburse me the amount on the invoice I submitted for customs.

The question is: Have they reimbursed you? If they have never reimbursed you because they have never lost a package, well, you cannot say with 100% assurance that they will reimburse you if they do lose a package. Right now I am picking my poison . .

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
Proof of Reimbursement?

The problem is that if they have never lost a package you cannot guarantee 100% that they would reimburse you in spite of documentation. Logicpaq refuses to reimburse me in spite of my clear documentation.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
vimenpaq.do

Miami, Doral

Vimenpaq has pickup stations allover DR. Not the cheapest but the biggest.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I had used UPS to ship my packages, works like charm. best investment ever I did.

UPS is far more expensive.

Protect any orders using a credit card that guarantees you receive your goods intact regardless of the shipper.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Before I was using a cheap currier and when they had the problem that closed from 3 packages I recovered only one. Now Im using EPS, with stuff below 1 pound is cheap, more than 1 pound is more expensive the price but they make sure I do not miss my package. I received a backpack arround 3 pounds and I paid almost 600.00 pesos. www.eps.com.do

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Been using EPS for about 15 years in multiple locations. Have never lost a package yet. But keep the weight down as Riva said.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016

Good luck!

JJ

I had CPS lose one of mine as well. Same scenerio. No responsibility, no they don't offer to pay - nunca

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I have gone through 5 couriers. Each lost a package and all emails and complaints fell on deaf ears just like the OP.

Even to the point of going to offices personally and getting shuffled from desk to desk with a blank look at each one.

I now use Domex (1000+ and counting) without a single loss once I get the "received in Miami" message.

They also deliver to my home or place of work.

Their customer service could be a little more responsive but at least they respond.

I would probably stick with them even if they lost a package now.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Been using EPS for about 15 years in multiple locations. Have never lost a package yet. But keep the weight down as Riva said.

So far I have used CPS, Encargopaq and EPS. None have lost a package, and were are talking many packages for me.
USPS lost an iPhone (on the way to a freight forwarder in Miami) I once got for my wife. Ebay eventually returned my money for it. That is the only loss I can recall, but it was temporary. Then Ebay recommended I always buy using my credit card, which contains a guaranteed delivery and breakage guarantee of refund. So now I do that in case there is a problem anywhere along the delivery chain.

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
Some Details on Vimenpaq

vimenpaq.do

Miami, Doral

Vimenpaq has pickup stations allover DR. Not the cheapest but the biggest.

Now that I have registered at the site, that process has answered some of my questions: i now have chosen a pickup place in Sto. Dom., I have my physical address in Doral, and my account number for identification.

I'm impressed by the sophistication of the website. This is not a "fly by night" company.

The one question I haven't answered is, How much does it cost? At Logicpaq I pay RD$179.00 per pound.
I'm going to try a test package with Vimenpaq and see how I like it. Thank you for this referral.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I ordered a package containing a set of LED headlight bulbs delivered with CPS. When I opened the package I saw that one bulb was missing. My guess is that some light fingered person in Aduanas decided to help himself for his moto.

All it took was a photo of the missing part along with the invoice for the whole order emailed to CPS. Within minutes I received a reply asking if I wanted to order another kit or get a refund of the merchandise.

I ordered another and got the cost of the purchase added as a credit to my account. Unbeatable service.