ADVICE ON GETTING DOMINICAN WIFE AND DAUGHTER TO STATES... UNUSUAL ISSUES

energyrater

Jun 26, 2018
Hi there! I would first like thank everyone for any assistance with my situation!

I married my Dominican wife in Dominican Republic two years ago. All of the correct forms were completed. My intention is to get her to the USA.

Since being married, my mother has passed and I have become full time caretaker for my father who is 86.

As a full time caretaker, I do not show income, and this is part of the problem. I would like to get my wife here to help care for my father so I can go back to work in engineering.

My wife also has a daughter, although "our" daughter has never seen her real father and he does not contribute to expenses in anyway. I need to get both here at the same time.

My wife does not own her house and does not drive.

What is the quickest way to get them here? Sponsorship thru my father? Employment as a caretaker? I am thinking once my wife is here I can file a K2.

Thank you again for any and all suggestions.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
That is a really tough one. I think you need to talk to someone that has great experience.

Try this forum:

http://dominicanstotheusa.com/forum/

I do not think it will be easy for you. If you have sufficient cash on hand, that might be enough.
I do not think another family member can sponsor her other than you as a spouse.
Since you are already married, that sponsorship as a caretaker will probably raise red flags.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You need to speak to a good US based Immigration Attorney. There are plenty of them in Miami.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Unless you adopt the child, I don't think you will be able to bring her in - not at first anyway(?). Complicated. As others said, see a good immigration attorney in the US.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
Visa with the child? you'll still have to make the small income threshold.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Sounds like You will need a Co Sponsor for her , no way you can even be considered unless you can prove the Min Income with Tax returns..

SomebodySmart

Oct 24, 2015
Sounds like You will need a Co Sponsor for her , no way you can even be considered unless you can prove the Min Income with Tax returns..

Just about anybody who makes enough money may sign the papers. Do respect one thing. I was willing to sign the papers but I wanted to deliver them to the attorney because it is not my nephew's business how much I make. The legal paper the sponsor would sign can be sealed in an envelope marked confidential, to be opened only by an official of the US Government.

As it happened for my nephew, somebody else wound up signing, which is just as well.

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
Hi there! I would first like thank everyone for any assistance with my situation!

I married my Dominican wife in Dominican Republic two years ago. All of the correct forms were completed. My intention is to get her to the USA.

Since being married, my mother has passed and I have become full time caretaker for my father who is 86.

As a full time caretaker, I do not show income, and this is part of the problem. I would like to get my wife here to help care for my father so I can go back to work in engineering.

My wife also has a daughter, although "our" daughter has never seen her real father and he does not contribute to expenses in anyway. I need to get both here at the same time.

What is the quickest way to get them here? Sponsorship thru my father? Employment as a caretaker? I am thinking once my wife is here I can file a K2.

Hello,

There is an internet site www.dominicanstotheusa.com . There is a moderator named D-MO. he's a great guy, lives here, and has consulate connections. He has all the answers and will be straight with you about your issues. I highly suggest talking to him. Website is free.

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
That is a really tough one. I think you need to talk to someone that has great experience.

Try this forum:

http://dominicanstotheusa.com/forum/

I do not think it will be easy for you. If you have sufficient cash on hand, that might be enough.
I do not think another family member can sponsor her other than you as a spouse.
Since you are already married, that sponsorship as a caretaker will probably raise red flags.

I just saw this windy.. Great info..

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005

You will have to fill out the following forms I-130 spouse application, I 134, and I854 affidavid of support, I-1145 if you want email notifications and a g325 biometric form.....Then you will need to find the LockBox to send those applications and the amount of money....then wait 4-7 months for a reply, then you would need to fill out the D160 online form and book an appointment for the wife....takes time, no need for a lawyer, I have helped a couple of friends do this...

DRdreaming

Jul 29, 2014
You need to file an i130 for your wife(ir1 visa), as well as her child(ir2 visa). As you have been married for more than two years, they would receive 10 year green cards upon entry to the US. Part of this process is filing the i864 affidavit of support. You need to earn 125% of the poverty level for your household size for you to be the sole sponsor. You may also use assets, or a joint sponsor if necessary. Processing times for the i130 are currently 7 to 9 months at USCIS, and then another 2 to 3 months at NVC before you receive an interview date.

If you have a fairly simple case (no history of visa over stays, deportations, no criminal background), then you do not need a lawyer. The forms are simple to fill out and file.

Costs are currently $535 for the i130, $325 for the ds260, $120 for the AOS, $275 for adult medical exam (not including any vaccinations if needed), and $220 for the green card.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk