Gas stove maintenance/repair

Linda Stapleton

Jun 3, 2003
Can anyone please recommend someone to service/repair a gas stove, preferably in your own home, in the Sosua/Cabarete area? Thanks.

Linda Stapleton

Jun 3, 2003
I will if this is not salvageable, but I'm not from the throwaway generation. Old habits die hard lol.

Linda Stapleton

Jun 3, 2003
What appears to be the problem Linda?

When I use the oven it makes an awful smell, like fumes. I had one guy out and he cleaned it and said he thought someone had used a product to clean it that had built up and caused the problem, but I don't think so. It is old, but I suspect a new part or two might solve the problem. The top is fine.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
When I use the oven it makes an awful smell, like fumes. I had one guy out and he cleaned it and said he thought someone had used a product to clean it that had built up and caused the problem, but I don't think so. It is old, but I suspect a new part or two might solve the problem. The top is fine.

Oven only smell. Does it heat/cook ok? Easy to lift the bottom plate and see what's going on. Could be a lizard or something else is cooking under the bottom plate.

Linda Stapleton

Jun 3, 2003
Yes, I've done all that, nothing to be seen. More like gas fumes than something bad. Apart from that, it cooks OK but really makes your chest feel bad breathing all that in, and I'm sure it can't be good for you.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Difference of Gas smell and something else cooking smell.

If the bottom burner is leaking gas then it would ignite and burn as the rest of the burner system. Do you have flames coming from somewhere else that it should not be? But that would not address your smell problem, all would be same. Unless your leaking gas at the in pipe/solenoid that is far enough from the flame that it does not ignite…. yet.

If the stove/oven has bottom drawer, remove it and see. Again, remove the bottom plate and see.

I'll ask my guy to look if you wish. PM if you desire.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
sent you a PM with a mobile number for a guy in puerto plata we used before. good service.