Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default teaching at the international school in sosua- need some info please

i have been looking into teaching at the international school in sosua as a possibility for next year. i'm just wondering how i would be living on 15,000 US a year in the DR. supposedly this is higher pay than the 12,000 they pay for a bachelors degree...

does anyone teach there now?have any insights?

ditz
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a pretty decent wage down there - equal to more than $20,000 RD pesos a month. Don't know what your standard of living is, but I would think you would do OK.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

And you couldn't ask for better people to work for, either...was it Terry that you talked to? I'd say go for it...Sosua's a great little city.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you will do as well on 15K in the DR as 50K in NYC.

Probably better quality of life. I hope you know what to expect living in Sosua though. I love it there but not sure I could live there.

Regards

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

why couldn't you live in sosua jazzcom?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default apt costs

thanks for replies.
    how much approx does a 1 bdrm place in sosua go for there (in pesos) in a relatively safe and quiet area. what about other towns/communities besides sosua that are close to the school
    mattie

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

You could also consider Cabarete. Inexpensive transportation between Sosua and Cabarete is no problem.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by Bugsey34
    why couldn't you live in sosua jazzcom?
    I think that I would rather hang out there from time to time instead of live there. Too much BS going on there constantly. I would more prefer a little bit of a more relaxed atmosphere.

I will be relocating to that area and after a million trips there I have made a lot of friends but the hustlers are just bothersome.

The decision is still not made but... when I was there last week a friend that had a villa in Costambar asked me to stay there and another friend that had a hotel in Costambar asked me to stay at his place for free and my answer to both was that I want to stay in Sosua. I was only there for 5 days this trip. To stay a lifetime I may want to live in another place convienent to Sosua but not live there.

I have a flight to POP on Christmas morning and will stay there for 2 weeks. I may take them up on there offers then. Hell I may stay by AZB or HB for a couple of days. I hope PIB invites me also but that may be a stretch

If I wasnt a 100 percent clear that is because I am not 100 percent clear.

Nighty nite

Escott

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's not get sidetracked. This is not an "open" posting. Note that the original poster is still looking for information with respect to the cost of renting a one bedroom apartment in the Sosua area. Anyone able to help?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

2 bedroom Condo at Coconut palms is 325 a month. Located on the road to Cabarete from Sosua.

One bedroom apartment at 1 ocean place rents for 325 a month on a yearly basis.

Hope this helps.

Ken, comments on where to live is not unreasonable. Want a midol?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast