Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Purpose of Blood Test in REsidency Procedure

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Purpose of Blood Test in REsidency Procedure

What is the purpose of the blood test in the residency procedure. It is a very invasive process and we have been asked by several "what are they testing for ?" Can anyone answer that ?

In POP they have been waiving the medical for a number of applicants but SD seem to be worse than ever .

We have put this in living since it doesn't appear to fit in Legal and Visa but mods feel free to move I!

Olly and the Team

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I understand it's for drugs and STD's. The chest xray is for tuberculosis.

3. Likes Russell liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

The whole residency procedure is insulting. The bloodtest, tbc and the worst of all is the seguro de repatriacion. Then the amounts you have to pay. The last time 28.000 pesos. Then, when I counted on the 14.000 I said I would like to pay with CC the pendeja said if I didn't have 28. I had to ask her how much she had in her pocket at the moment. Well it was just for her pica-pollo.
    Then thinking how many dominican cocaïne vendors and putas we maintain in northern Europe without asking. I know..our fault .

Moderator parum momenti
    Post Thanks / Like

Drugs and communicable diseases that present a potential public health issue such as Hepatitis & STDs including Aids. If the Govt is ever inclined to do so, they could use those samples to establish a foreigner DNA database. NOTE: I have NOT heard that they are doing so or are thinking of doing so.

I don't recall any documents that definitely lists everything tested for. They can potentially test for anything that would return a result from blood.

I've only had to submit blood once, during the initial application. No medical exam since.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

And no medical exam required when you do your citizenship application. I dont find a blood test and a pee sample invasive but then again i spend a long time in the Military where just things are common practise. When my wife immigrated to Canada she required more tests and exams than the DR requires.

7. Likes Russell liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fulano2 View Post
    The whole residency procedure is insulting. The bloodtest, tbc and the worst of all is the seguro de repatriacion. Then the amounts you have to pay. The last time 28.000 pesos. Then, when I counted on the 14.000 I said I would like to pay with CC the pendeja said if I didn't have 28. I had to ask her how much she had in her pocket at the moment. Well it was just for her pica-pollo.
    Then thinking how many dominican cocaïne vendors and putas we maintain in northern Europe without asking. I know..our fault .
    I agree - the repatriacion insurance is the worst and biggest rip-off of all. You pay $115 premium for whatt hey estimate i costs an average of $3000 USD to deports someone. For the same premium I get $20,000 in liability insurance on my car - and there are a lot more car accidents here than residents getting deported!

To add insult to injury, you have to pay this premium every year - even though you can only get deported once! It's a giant cash cow for the 3 insurance companies "approved" to issue this insurance and whomever in DGM dreamed up this scam.

9. Likes drstock liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    I understand it's for drugs and STD's. The chest xray is for tuberculosis.
    The country is being cautious to prevent spread of disease and drug use, bad features it does not want to foot the bill for. The ghost agenda is to provide a bank of DNA types should there be a need to investigate an identity.

Regards,

PJT

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

No medical exam, no x-rays, no repatriation insurance...just RD$ 30,600 for Residencia Definitiva & cedula, both valid for the next 10 years

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

The drug testing is just an excuse...... for what ? I dont know.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PJT View Post
    The country is being cautious to prevent spread of disease and drug use, bad features it does not want to foot the bill for. The ghost agenda is to provide a bank of DNA types should there be a need to investigate an identity.

Regards,

PJT

Would they not issue a resident card if you fail any of the medical tests and then just allow you to live here and pay the exit fee?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast