Big Early Christmas For Motoconchos

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
some generous foreigner decided to give away 100,000 pesos worth of gasoline to motoconchos in POP today...300 pesos per bike. needless to say, it was anarchy...

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
On a side note...

Many emergency clinics reported dozens of motoconcho drivers with symptoms of gasoline poisoning caused by siphoning gas from their filled bike tanks into external containers. :smoke: lol

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
If I wanted to hand out 100K, I can think of a lot better charities than free gas for motoconchos.

and your point is? a guy did something which he considers to be a good turn, and you have to chime in with that?

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
and your point is? a guy did something which he considers to be a good turn, and you have to chime in with that?

Yes, I did. This is a conversation, right? You say something. Somebody else says something. See how that works?

He can soak his cash in lighter fluid and torch it. His business. And I can say that's idiotic because there is a charity that helps kids with physical issues and have no parents.

https://www.mustardseed.com/our-work/dominican-republic

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Yes, I did. This is a conversation, right? You say something. Somebody else says something. See how that works?

He can soak his cash in lighter fluid and torch it. His business. And I can say that's idiotic because there is a charity that helps kids with physical issues and have no parents.

https://www.mustardseed.com/our-work/dominican-republic

i agree. it is a free internet. i just wonder why some people have to make negative remarks about everything. apparently, the soothing breezes and outward tranquility of places like the caribbean aren't for everybody.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
another off topic post deleted by a mod. another infraction given by a mod.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
If the trickle down effect of the charitable donation benefits the families of the motoconcho drivers, puts more food on their table, etc., than kudos to the donator. They aren’t going away and they are a necessity of everyday DR life. Without them the streets would be quieter but the poor would be poorer.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
If the trickle down effect of the charitable donation benefits the families of the motoconcho drivers, puts more food on their table, etc., than kudos to the donator. They aren’t going away and they are a necessity of everyday DR life. Without them the streets would be quieter but the poor would be poorer.

exactly. a guy decides to do a good turn for some poor people, WITH HIS MONEY, and some guy lets us know that he can think of better ways to have spent that money.

of course, the answer to that is to take 100k of your money, and give us a display of how discerning gentlemen bestow kindness on others.

and, yes, Ecoman...without motoconchos, places like POP and LaVega would close down.