Whala Boca Chica

Lizzard

Sep 11, 2006
Just wondering if anyone knows or has any information on this hotel now??

Stayed at this property in the early and mid 2000's when it was called Don Juan Beach Resort. The last time we stayed things had really gone down hill. Wondering with the new ownership if things are better??

Thanks for any information
Lizzard :)

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris

Stayed at this property in the early and mid 2000's when it was called Don Juan Beach Resort. The last time we stayed things had really gone down hill. Wondering with the new ownership if things are better??

Yes, they made renovations in the rooms, one part of the hotel is for adults, lot of German and Russians going there. There are videos on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpkyV2MD-JQ

Last edited:

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
I stayed at Whala two months ago and have no complaints about any part of my experience there that weekend. We will be staying there again in two weeks.

Rumble2005

Mar 18, 2006
I have nightmares about that place. I got food poisoning, there were rats the size of my cat running around. The rooms were well "3rd world" . The place was awful. I considered leaving and going to another hotel but after walking around Boca Chica I quickly realized there wasn't much out there that was a upgrade.
We went at Xmas and the tour operator pimped the Don Juan as a 4*. That was a GROSS exaggeration.
At any rate we know longer do AI's ( all part of the learning and growing experience). I truly hope the place has improved over the last 8 years as it was barely fit for human life back then.

Lizzard

Sep 11, 2006
Thank you all for your replies

As I stated I have stayed there in the past when it was the Don Juan..... Like Rumble2005 my last visit was not great!!
But I am looking for information on the hotel now :)

I found some very positive reviews on trip advisor!!

Joe Boots

Jun 16, 2008

I visited recently. It is nice and correct many Russians. Beach is clean water quality good. Dive Shop excellent.

Reactions: NanSanPedro