Carrier for Correspondence

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
I have both EPS and EnCargopac here in Santo Domingo. They both do well with forwarding packages. I like EnCargopac due to the home delivery service. But they both fail on forwarding Correspondence, usually takes at least a month or sometimes 2. Which if something is time sensitive can cause a problem.

Are there any other choices that I am not aware of that handle correspondence in a more timely manner?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
UPS & Fedex.....
next day service....not cheap

maybe $65US for that fast

I do it for my CT Scans

FedEx also offers 2 or 3 day delivery to DR, we used it to send our marriage certificate down ( you know, the one they say isn’t a marriage certificate). I know it was less than $60. Funny thing is that it actually was delivered overnight.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I think he is talking about sending letters at a reasonable rate. But I may be wrong, maybe he will let us know.

15 years ago EPS was very good for this. Low price and in the US mail in 1 or 2 days. But no more. They are great for packages, but NG for mail.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
My point was...
from DR to USA you need a courier not a parcel service

Usually is next day from my experience... costs vary

DHL has good Caribbean service

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
I think he is talking about sending letters at a reasonable rate. But I may be wrong, maybe he will let us know.

15 years ago EPS was very good for this. Low price and in the US mail in 1 or 2 days. But no more. They are great for packages, but NG for mail.

Your almost correct. Am talking about receiving letters (or other correspondence) from the USA to the DR. an example would be a new debit card. My bank for instance will send out the new debit card, then a week later send the pin number. this happens about a month before the old card expires, so you could in theory have the new card in one shipment and a month or so later receive the pin so you can use it.
Or something from your insurance company.
Just examples.
as far as outgoing I have had no problems sending through the DR system using tracking service.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Your almost correct. Am talking about receiving letters (or other correspondence) from the USA to the DR. an example would be a new debit card. My bank for instance will send out the new debit card, then a week later send the pin number. this happens about a month before the old card expires, so you could in theory have the new card in one shipment and a month or so later receive the pin so you can use it.
Or something from your insurance company.
Just examples.
as far as outgoing I have had no problems sending through the DR system using tracking service.

OK. I had the same experience with getting a new card. I contacted my Card Co. and they sent it FEDEX for a special fee. Only about $15. But with a card even if you have to pay the going rate it is worth it. I had it sent directly to an EPS office in the DR. A lot safer than them trying to find your residence.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I can't speak for all courier companies - at least EPS and CPS treat letters received using your "package" address" with the same priority as packages and usually arrive in the DR in just a couple of days after arriving in Miami. You'll pay the same rates used for packages.

Using the dedicated correspondence address can see significant delays in delivery to the DR as the couriers wait for the bag of letters to fill up before tossing it on the plane. Going this route is cheaper but correspondence is untraceable so you have no idea if it has arrived in Miami or not and is being held up.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Good point. You can also send it that way for a lot less. EPS is very dependable with packages, have never used that address for letters, but I assume as the Cdn said it would be the same.

The only advantage to Fedex or similar Co.. is you get it in your hand in 2 days.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I've had very good service with DHL. Packages delivered right here to my door in Cabarete. Cheaper than UPS or FedEx.