Proof that Trujillo didn't kill the Mirabal sisters?

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Google translation:
CIA evidence: Imbert Barrera and Amiama Tío WERE THE MURDERERS OF LAS MIRABAL, no Trujillo
Posted by today on December 20, 2017 at 8:42 am
The first thing that Trujillo said when he heard about the murder of the Sisters mirabal was: "What a pod they have thrown me"!

The lamentable murder of the Mirabal sisters has been a suppressed case for five decades so that what appears to be hidden truths is not investigated. Why? Has he been afraid of you and what is behind this? All that has been said is that they were murdered by Trujillo's men and their orders. However, husband and something strange with this premise since this version is based on testimonies of the anti-Trujillillistas and biased historians themselves.

We must ask ourselves why the testimony of Pupo Roman where he claimed that the murder of the Mirabal sisters was an order of Imbert Barrera and Amiama Tio was never investigated? How is it possible that Trujillo immediately blamed himself for the anti-Trujillistas, when most of the high-profile killings and murders take years or decades to conclude on the basis of the facts?

Why historians have been reluctant to investigate the fact that a CIA agent named Plato Cox played a double role for the CIA, since while working for Trujillo towards a covert intelligence gathering job for the CIA, he He communicated with Amiama Tio in 1960 and informed him that the US he can not get involved with the murder of Trujillo until there is a destabilization event against his government.

Plato Cox was interviewed in March of the 1960 in the Dominican Republic by the CBS television network in a program sponsored by the CIA to gather information about Trujillo and initiate anti-Trujillillista propaganda, in preparation for his murder. Months later, the Mirabal sisters were murdered in November 1960 and immediately attributed to Trujillo by all Dominican anti-Trujillo exiles, many of whom had been taking money from the CIA to execute anti-Trujillo propaganda in Latin America and the United States. United.

Let's analyze the data:
1. Why is there still a classified file of the CIA in the murder of the Mirabal sisters? What do they hide that they do not declassify?

2. The so-called heroes and the CIA had the will to kill a woman!If the CIA and the Dominicans called "Heroes" had the will to kill Trujillo's mistress along with Trujillo in his bed "in silence" as evidenced by the declassified document, which assures us that Imbert Barreras and Amiama Tio who already lied when denying that the CIA collaborated with them in the murder of Trujillo, would not they be willing to kill the Mirabal Sisters and lie again as they did before?
The CIA's note of the Warren Commission's investigations of CIA assassinations says: "Looking, in section 3, his plan to murder the group now, goes on to describe the plan to intercept Trujillo in his lover's apartment, and try to kill him, including the mistress, and then says "you have to do", presumably to make the plan, murder, "they need five M-3 guns or comparable machines, etc. defense and in the case of a shooting, they will use the silent weapons of basic work. "

3. The contradictory reports and partial lies reported throughout history.
mirabal sisters husbands interviwd by OAS in 1961 june-lies that they were hung in front of the wives
This report of a newspaper from June 1961 after the murder of Trujillo says:
"Among those interviewed by the committee (the OAS sent a committee of inquiry in June 1961) were the husbands of the three Mirabal sisters killed last year with their driver in a jeep accident. Many Dominicans have wondered if their deaths were really an accident. There has been a widespread rumor that husbands had hanged themselves beforehand with their wives watching them. "
How could husbands possibly be hanged in front of their wives before, if the wives were already dead and if the husbands were killed after Trujillo was dead? This is typical in the fabrication of lies that we continue to expose in our research.

4. Testimony of the mother of the Mirabal Sisters.
mirabal mom denies trujillo
Behind amazing women like the Mirabal sisters, there is always an even more surprising mother. Mercedes Mirabal demonstrates this when she heard that the death of not only her daughters, but also that of her husband and even her own had been misinterpreted and taken out of context. She denied that she, her husband and daughters were murdered by Trujillo or his government, stating: that they were "sensationalist reports" from sources of exiles and "gross speculation".

mirabal sisters death claimed no accident mentions degalindez
Mrs. Mirabal referred to exiled Dominicans as a leader of the anti-Trujillo movement in New York; the nephew of the husband of Minerva Mirabal: Guido D'Alessandro who on the day of the murder accused his deaths as a triple murder, possibly done by the men of Trujillo. One has to ask, how can someone make such a conclusion just a few hours after his death? What they really knew!

Finally the testimony of an anti-Trujillo!

Written by Wendy Santana for the Listin

The last one that saw the Mirabal!

"Miriam Morales says that the day these women were killed, behind them came a blue cart with a person who is still alive and who is a senior retired officer."

Miriam Morales has not seen Angelita Trujillo's book and claims not to have had any close relationship with that family, but agrees with her on the theory that Rafael Leónidas Trujillo did not order the Mirabal sisters to be killed.

This friend of the heroines Patria, Minerva and Maria Teresa Mirabal, reveals that she saw them in Puerto Plata the day they were killed and that behind them came a blue cart with a person who is still alive and is a retired officer.

This woman who, like the martyrs buried 50 years ago, suffered in La 40 prison the inclemency of the bad odor of defecation and the sight of her conjured friends destroyed from the pain of the blows, electrical cords and toenails taken in cold blood, attributes that crime to other people.

She assures that some of the heroes of the execution of the dictator had to do with the crime. To sustain that appreciation, Miriam has been criticized by her own comrades in the 1J4 movement, who call her a brave woman who, like the others, suffered and fought for the liberation of the Dominican people, but later became deviant.

After telling so many times that the Military Intelligence Service tried to conquer her so that she could tell her classmates and that she remained at all times and that she never bowed to Trujillo, this woman goes on to the chapter of what she calls "the true". "Look, I'm going to tell you the truth. The power was behind the throne. Trujillo was entertained by party to keep him happy, but it was the others who sent. His brother, (whom he did not identify) was one of them. He wanted power and wanted to kill Trujillo and Trujillo wanted to kill him, they were enemies. "

"There was also the other one, the one who had more power, Jhonny Abbes, who was the one who decided everything and Trujillo de fi esta en fi esta and looking for women and entertained there", given.

"The same day they killed them, I talked to them. They came down and it was God who sent me to see because my little girl had given him a little boy with a tirapó and she screamed so much and I told her we are going to see if the little boy is there, and when I am on the road, in front of the Quemazon, that vehicle comes and stops there, it was from a general. "

"Well, the question is that we stopped to talk and they told me Miriam, we are not going to have any more trips (from Salcedo) because we got a little house here. I remember that the driver who was with them was killed too. But look how they did it, first they slept, they injected it with the poison and then they threw it to simulate an accident.

The doctor who certified him was killed because he knew immediately how it was. The blows of the sticks they did when they threw them. "

Miriam Morales did not properly define the actions of Trujillo, but believes that the cruel ones were behind him.

"They killed innocent women to throw a pod at Trujillo, but really his brother was the one who had the power," reaffirms Miriam Morales.

When asked what he thinks the revolutionary spirit of the people of Puerto Rico is due to, he says that many had communication with people from Cuba, like their parents and many of their neighbors, who thought that they could live better without the dictator they had.

With a military man to know a little more ... Miriam Morales had five children: Claudio, who lives with her; Carlos, who lives in the capital, and Bolívar, who died in an alleged traffic accident, but which she claims was part of the persecution of her family, after the murder of Rafael Trujillo.

Before these males procreated two females. The first was already born when she was in prison La 40, and the second was engendered by a soldier after her release and for which she was also frowned upon by members of the June 14 movement, on understanding that she was joining the enemy .

But she sees it in a different way and explains it this way: "I had a girl when I was in jail, the first one, that the father was from Santiago. And the other, the smallest, which was someone else's, with which I got myself to find out a lot about Trujillo and a girl came out. "

"My mother made a nest and they kept the weapons there because they were waiting for the landing of Luperón." "Miriam Morales, survivor of La 40 prison.
http://lodehoyrd.com/pruebas-de-que...rz6Fjkr8wR2l1DGBKJ0vwIFpKqr_JFeG62dxF7RAQXTOg

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I gave the article to Mr AE to read, in Spanish, and then asked his opinion. (He was a boy about 13 and lived in SD when Trujillo was killed). Short and sweet. “I’ve heard that before”.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Just "throwing a pod" here - translators can rest assured that machines are not about to take over their job.

Sep 20, 2003
This article is riddled with misleading and false information. General Pupo Roman--at the time, the head of the Dominican Army-- was horrified by the mistreatment the sisters suffered in Trujillo's prison. It drove him to join the plot to kill El Jefe.

There is a rumor that General Imbert's brother, an army major, oversaw the murder of the sisters from a distance using a pair of binoculars and a hand radio. General Imbert's family has always denied this. At the time, Imbert's brother was serving a long prison term. The story is a bit complicated, but it is well documented.

This article reads more like JFK conspiracy theory tripe than anything remotely resembling the truth. There are a lot of rumors swirling around El Jefe 's assassination, but I don't believe any of them.

I interviewed General Imbert myself, along with another surviving member of the Action Team (who was out of town at the time of the assassination). I also interviewed several family members of the men who were involved in the assassination of Trujillo, including Chana Diaz, the wife one of the instigators of the plot, General Juan Tomás Díaz , and I don't believe the statements made in this article.

There is a lot more I could add, but I don't care to argue with people wearing tin foil hats.

Last edited:

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Nothing new to read here.

For years it has been rumored that Trujillo didn’t ordered those killings. It certainly was a weird one because people that were close to Trujillo said he never target women. Also, it has often been said that when news reached hime of the assassination, he reacted by exclaiming “have they gone crazy!”

Sep 20, 2003

For years it has been rumored that Trujillo didn’t ordered those killings. It certainly was a weird one because people that were close to Trujillo said he never target women. Also, it has often been said that when news reached hime of the assassination, he reacted by exclaiming “have they gone crazy!”

I did interview some people who did not believe Trujillo ordered the Mirabal sisters murdered, but I believe he did. Most of the people I interviewed placed the blame for the murdered sisters squarely on Trujillo.

Trujillo did target women.There was the notorious case of a pregnant woman (from memory, the wife of a journalist) was murdered along side her husband at the beginning of Trujillo's rule. Also, numerous women were tortured by the SIM. All of this is documented.

Trujillo himself was directly involved in abusing women. When he was a young officer in the Dominican security forces during the American occupation, he held a teenage girl prisoner and repeatedly raped her. He also pressured women into having sexual encounters with him. All of this is documented.

While some of the people around Trujillo did not believe (or want to believe) that El Jefe targeted women, he did.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004

No, no he said "What a pod they have thrown me!":cross-eye:dead:

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I did interview some people who did not believe Trujillo ordered the Mirabal sisters murdered, but I believe he did. Most of the people I interviewed placed the blame for the murdered sisters squarely on Trujillo.

Trujillo did target women.There was the notorious case of a pregnant woman (from memory, the wife of a journalist) was murdered along side her husband at the beginning of Trujillo's rule. Also, numerous women were tortured by the SIM. All of this is documented.

Trujillo himself was directly involved in abusing women. When he was a young officer in the Dominican security forces during the American occupation, he held a teenage girl prisoner and repeatedly raped her. He also pressured women into having sexual encounters with him. All of this is documented.

While some of the people around Trujillo did not believe (or want to believe) that El Jefe targeted women, he did.
Trujillo didn´t kill women.

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
I was told that it was commonplace for families to dress daughters as boys in that era in order to avoid the watchful eyes of Trujillo and his associates. If an attractive young woman caught attention, she would be taken without permission and likely never seen again.

jenmar237

Aug 8, 2017

These all sounds like opinions more than actual facts though (not saying that as an insult). What is happening now as the OP is stating is that many CIA and other U.S. gov't files have been de-classified and contain evidence that contradicts and challenges (or confirm) many things that were once believed to be true from the Trujillo era; additionally, with Trujillo's grandson Ramfis bursting onto the political scene with some popularity, plus many things Dominicans being seen as deteriorating within Dominican society now have made the Trujillo era more appealing and thus, has contributed to improving many ppl's perception of Trujillo himself....of course, I wouldn't argue that the overwhelming opionon of Trujillo is still a negative one but it appears that that is slowly changing.

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
"Que vaina me han echado”!
http://www.spanishdict.com/translate/vaina

I'm going to go with: "That idiot has cast me out!"

I think they omitted a word: "Coño!! Que vaina me han echado”!

In my experience, The best case is that written history is only an approximation of the truth. All too often, there are huge distortions based on the vantage point of the writer.

For instance, how many Russian casualties were there in 1945 fighting the Japanese? tick, tick, tick. Over 1 million. Yet, it's rarely mentioned in any English textbook.

Sep 20, 2003
These all sounds like opinions more than actual facts though (not saying that as an insult). What is happening now as the OP is stating is that many CIA and other U.S. gov't files have been de-classified and contain evidence that contradicts and challenges (or confirm) many things that were once believed to be true from the Trujillo era; additionally, with Trujillo's grandson Ramfis bursting onto the political scene with some popularity, plus many things Dominicans being seen as deteriorating within Dominican society now have made the Trujillo era more appealing and thus, has contributed to improving many ppl's perception of Trujillo himself....of course, I wouldn't argue that the overwhelming opionon of Trujillo is still a negative one but it appears that that is slowly changing.

Just like with some of the supposed JFK files, there are problems with the supposed Trujillo files. Many of the files could be fake. Also, some of these files are just interviews with people. They could be truthful, or they could be conspiracy theories; the kind Oliver Stone used when putting together his egregious JFK movie.

Just because someone (a male prostitute in one case) told an investigator that a gay interior decorator in New Orleans was part of a conspiracy to kill JFK, doesn't make it true. (Which is exactly what occurred in the notorious case that the Oliver Stone's 1992 film was based on).

The survivors, or the family members of the survivors, have written books and given countless interviews on the Trujillo assassination. Also, because of all the conspiracy theories floating around, many involved in the assassination have gathered statements and evidence to back the official story.

One person involved in the plot against Trujillo showed me a letter typed and signed by a former American diplomat dealing with the rifles given to the assassins (which were never used). Contrary to some things I have read, the rifles were not broken down and smuggled into the DR in cans of soup.

The story has been out there for decades. I spoke with the surviving members (or family members) of the plot against El Jefe (many who have since passed away), and I found all of them to be honest. None of their stories contradicted each other. As for General Imbert, he entered the plot late in the game--after the Mirabal Sisters had already been murdered. (The plot that eventually lead to Trujillo's death was started long before the sisters were beaten to death).

Some people seem unwilling to accept a simple explanation.

Here it is anyway: A group of Dominicans decided they could no longer tolerate Trujillo's brutality and they took an incredible risk and moved against El Jefe. Trujillo was killed, and most of the people in the plot were hunted down and killed by Trujillo's sons. Many of them were tortured horrifically before they died. Most of the plotters sacrificed their lives for their countrymen. The End.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Here it is anyway: A group of Dominicans decided they could no longer tolerate Trujillo's brutality and they took an incredible risk and moved against El Jefe. Trujillo was killed, and most of the people in the plot were hunted down and killed by Trujillo's sons. Many of them were tortured horrifically before they died. Most of the plotters sacrificed their lives for their countrymen. The End.
Occam's Razor.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Some people seem unwilling to accept a simple explanation.

Where is the part about those that killed Trujillo were his closest and most confided buddies, and during the 30 years they served him they took an active part (becoming rich from the privileges the dictator gave them) in kidnapping, torturing, and killing hundreds of political opponents?

Remember Jesús de Galíndez? Antonio de la Maza was personally involved in kidnapping the guy in NYC. Yes, the same Antonio de la Maza that shot Trujillo with the rifle. By personally, I mean was among the guys that actually went to NY, kidnapped the Spaniard, and took him back to Santo Domingo.

General Imbert Barreras, yes the one that appears in the video posted by Bachata narrating how the assassination of Trujillo took place, himself said in that interview that he had to threaten with death a guy that didn't wanted to take them somewhere safer after killing Trujillo. The guy didn't wanted to get involved, but Imbert Barreras told him "you either take us or I will kill you right now." Hmm, is a novice killer capable of making such a threat to an innocent civilian that didn't want to put himself or his family in harms way? Can a novice killer be capable of killing an innocent man in cold blood, in his home and in front of his family?

I personally don't take away from Imbert Barreras that he was a brave man, but lets not push it. You scratch the surface a little and things are not as sweet as they first appear. Most, if not all of them, had their hands stained with the blood of many people, many of which were innocent.

Johnny Abbes García, who never treason Trujillo, committed many atrocities as did Imbert, De la Maza, and others. The biggest difference is that Abbes García in his own memoir says very clearly that he wasn't the monster his adversaries painted him as, but that was not a saint either. Quite a different way of going about his reality compared to a few others that hush what they did except the treasoning Trujillo, that they made sure everyone knew.

Al pan pan y al vino vino.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2003
Remember Jesús de Galíndez? Antonio de la Maza was personally involved in kidnapping the guy in NYC. Yes, the same Antonio de la Maza that shot Trujillo with the rifle. By personally, I mean was among the guys that actually went to NY, kidnapped the Spaniard, and took him back to Santo Domingo.
That's not true. General Arturo Espaillat organized the Galindez kidnapping. Antonio de la Maza had nothing to do with the kidnapping of Jesus Galindez.

Antonio de la Maza--the son of a regional caudillo--started out fighting against Trujillo in the 1930-31 civil war, even suffering from a gun shot wound in the shoulder. It's a long story, but Trujillo made peace with the family and made Antonio an army officer. Later, Antonio's brother was framed for the murder of the pilot that flew drugged Galindez from Long Island to the Dominican Republic. The brother refused to play along and Trujillo had him murdered in prison (which was nothing but a very poorly staged suicide). Antonio wanted revenge for his brother.

Sep 20, 2003
General Imbert Barreras, yes the one that appears in the video posted by Bachata narrating how the assassination of Trujillo took place, himself said in that interview that he had to threaten with death a guy that didn't wanted to take them somewhere safer after killing Trujillo. The guy didn't wanted to get involved, but Imbert Barreras told him "you either take us or I will kill you right now." Hmm, is a novice killer capable of making such a threat to an innocent civilian that didn't want to put himself or his family in harms way? Can a novice killer be capable of killing an innocent man in cold blood, in his home and in front of his family?

I personally don't take away from Imbert Barreras that he was a brave man, but lets not push it. You scratch the surface a little and things are not as sweet as they first appear. Most, if not all of them, had their hands stained with the blood of many people, many of which were innocent.

Where is the trail of atrocities by General Imbert? He carefully and purposefully avoided executing rebels in the 1940s during a failed invasion of the country when he was governor of Puerto Plata. Trujillo was enraged by Imbert's political maneuvers and fired him. I don't see any trail of torture and murder behind Imbert Barreras.

As for threatening to shoot someone who was too scared to help him, what of it really? Imbert was on the run with the SIM just behind him. Would Imbert really have shot him? You are grasping at straws in your attempt to paint General Imbert as a villain. Something said during a life and death situation is not a fair assessment of the man.

I spoke personally with the first person Imbert met after the killing of Trujillo, and he was not threatened in anyway by General Imbert. Imbert and the assassins split up and were on the run for quite a while. The people who often did help them ended up in a bad way--even dead. It's not unsurprising that some people would panic and balk at helping the assassins hide. And Imbert threatened someone to save his life. Trujillo threatened the entire population for decades to preserve his.

You are really off the reservation on this, NALS. You know Dominican history. Why all this revision now? Are you trying to win a cabinet post in the new Trujillo administration?

Everyone who has studied Dominican history knows that Trujillo was the ruthless one. Trujillo never denied it. Trujillo himself told his followers that anyone who was afraid to shed human blood had no business being a caudillo.
Al pan pan y al vino vino.

Not even close.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
That's not true. General Arturo Espaillat organized the Galindez kidnapping. Antonio de la Maza had nothing to do with the kidnapping of Jesus Galindez.

Antonio de la Maza--the son of a regional caudillo--started out fighting against Trujillo in the 1930-31 civil war, even suffering from a gun shot wound in the shoulder. It's a long story, but Trujillo made peace with the family and made Antonio an army officer. Later, Antonio's brother was framed for the murder of the pilot that flew drugged Galindez from Long Island to the Dominican Republic. The brother refused to play along and Trujillo had him murdered in prison (which was nothing but a very poorly staged suicide). Antonio wanted revenge for his brother.
I confused Antonio de la Maza with his brother Octavio de la Maza. He was the co-pilot of the plane taken to NY and back to Santo Domingo with a sedated Galindez onboard.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Where is the trail of atrocities by General Imbert? He carefully and purposefully avoided executing rebels in the 1940s during a failed invasion of the country when he was governor of Puerto Plata. Trujillo was enraged by Imbert's political maneuvers and fired him. I don't see any trail of torture and murder behind Imbert Barreras.

As for threatening to shoot someone who was too scared to help him, what of it really? Imbert was on the run with the SIM just behind him. Would Imbert really have shot him? You are grasping at straws in your attempt to paint General Imbert as a villain. Something said during a life and death situation is not a fair assessment of the man.

I spoke personally with the first person Imbert met after the killing of Trujillo, and he was not threatened in anyway by General Imbert. Imbert and the assassins split up and were on the run for quite a while. The people who often did help them ended up in a bad way--even dead. It's not unsurprising that some people would panic and balk at helping the assassins hide. And Imbert threatened someone to save his life. Trujillo threatened the entire population for decades to preserve his.

You are really off the reservation on this, NALS. You know Dominican history. Why all this revision now? Are you trying to win a cabinet post in the new Trujillo administration?

Everyone who has studied Dominican history knows that Trujillo was the ruthless one. Trujillo never denied it. Trujillo himself told his followers that anyone who was afraid to shed human blood had no business being a caudillo.

Not even close.
Imbert Barreras demeanor becomes very serious and he even shakes his finger, a body language that implies he is re—living the moment he threatened with death Dr. Duran after his initial refusal to give the guys a ride to a safer place.

Anyone that wants to see it, click on the timeline at about 23:37 minutes. It lasts until 23:54.

[video=youtube;iGGCN7kqONE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGGCN7kqONE[/video]

A threat like that is something only someone used to kill innocent civilians is capable of doing. Just looking at how quickly his demeanor became so serious when mentioning that part says it all.

Sep 20, 2003
You know, you have always been a Trujillista, but you were always a Trujillista in spite of Trujillo's brutality. Now you are trying to rewrite history completely. It won't work. It won't.