Finance Roles in the Dominican Republic

Oct 20, 2018
Hi, I am looking for any tips/advice on landing Senior Financial Analyst, Investment Analyst, Private Equity Analyst type roles in the Dominican Republic. See below for relevant information about me:

-Born and raised in the U.S.
-Educated in economics at a U.S. university in the top 20 nationally
-2 years progressive finance experience
-Currently, working in a finance position at a Fortune 500 company in a major financial city
-Speak Spanish very well in social settings, but I do not have the vocabulary to discuss share repurchases and its effect on EPS
-I am agnostic on the city

I've seen a couple of roles on the Internet, and I'm here for more strategic/targeted advice

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Hi, I am looking for any tips/advice on landing Senior Financial Analyst, Investment Analyst, Private Equity Analyst type roles in the Dominican Republic. See below for relevant information about me:

-Born and raised in the U.S.
-Educated in economics at a U.S. university in the top 20 nationally
-2 years progressive finance experience
-Currently, working in a finance position at a Fortune 500 company in a major financial city
-Speak Spanish very well in social settings, but I do not have the vocabulary to discuss share repurchases and its effect on EPS
-I am agnostic on the city

I've seen a couple of roles on the Internet, and I'm here for more strategic/targeted advice

there are guys in the DR who have also attended high quality Universities, and are highly qualified. secondly, those jobs usually go to locals. it is a little more than just diplomas if you want to land one of those jobs.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
In this day and age venture capital is available for entrepreneurs, otherwise I think the OP can get a manager's job at Pollo Provocon paying RD25k/month based upon his pitch.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Find work in a large US firm, and have them transfer you to their Santo Domingo office.