Tourist speeding Ticket

CabareteJeff

Oct 22, 2018
I am a tourist from the U.S. I was in Santo Domingo a couple years back and got a speeding ticket on my way to the airport. I was late to my flight so I didn't stop to pay it. I was confused on where I had to pay it.
That said
I am coming back to Punta Cana in November for a week vacation.
Will this come up at customs?
How do I find out?
Where can I pay it if I need to before coming?

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I can't see any way this would come up at customs. Different government departments, such as Traffic Police and Customs do not communicate. If you go back to the car rental company or owner of the car they may ask you to pay up. I think you got away with it.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Unless you get another speeding ticket or sometime down the road apply for residency, I really don't think you have anything to worry about.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
You'll find out if you get stopped again...

the new data systems are quite good.
Dug up a speeder of mine from 2009.... dug it up last year...

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
My application at DGM called for DR Police report....

At an earlier submission that report was clean.

After a few delays, they asked for a newer/more recent report to continue the same application.
This time the new system was up & running.
It was then that the 2009 speeding ticket came to light.

I had to go to pay the fine.
Even that was hard - the new system was so new the payment part of the program wasn't yet installed.
It took 3 days before I was able pay.
I may have been the first paying customer !!! Imagine !!!

hahaha

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
I am a tourist from the U.S. I was in Santo Domingo a couple years back and got a speeding ticket on my way to the airport. I was late to my flight so I didn't stop to pay it. I was confused on where I had to pay it.
That said
I am coming back to Punta Cana in November for a week vacation.
Will this come up at customs?
How do I find out?
Where can I pay it if I need to before coming?

If you still have the copy of your ticket try to check it here, select Otro and put the ticket number. https://multas.pgr.gob.do/consultas

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
they are also on file when using a foreign drivers license. but so far not hooked to the marbet system