LADIES ONLY: Articles about under age prostitution

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Because that is where I wanted to post it!

So I figured :tired: Just thought, it was a general topic.

In any case, DR is seen as sex tourism destination and it is, nothing new. Sadly, any developing country with significant tourism has the same problem, whether it is Morocco, Cuba, Thailand, or the Philippines. It is just that it is DR turn to be in the spotlight. The positive thing is that DR authorities seem to be addressing the issue. Hope it will make a difference, but that image won't stop tourism $$ from coming in, look at Thailand.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
So I figured :tired: Just thought, it was a general topic.

In any case, DR is seen as sex tourism destination and it is, nothing new. Sadly, any developing country with significant tourism has the same problem, whether it is Morocco, Cuba, Thailand, or the Philippines. It is just that it is DR turn to be in the spotlight. The positive thing is that DR authorities seem to be addressing the issue. Hope it will make a difference, but that image won't stop tourism $$ from coming in, look at Thailand.

It’s in the spotlight in NJ right now, because Senator Menendez is up for re-election. His opponent is running nonstop ads on TV, in the mail and on Facebook about his trips to DR to “have sex with prostitutes, some as young as 16”. Over and over and over.....Dominican Republic/prostitution/underage sex.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Interesting AE as the same article or about the same subject is across the world in different publications. Not sure it will put people off coming but the guys involved should watch out as many end up being subject to blackmail which costs them far more in the end than the original act or acts.

Matilda

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Is it me or the journalists behind the article/Documentary are Australian ? If so, why the focus on DR ?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Interesting AE as the same article or about the same subject is across the world in different publications. Not sure it will put people off coming but the guys involved should watch out as many end up being subject to blackmail which costs them far more in the end than the original act or acts.

Matilda

Did you see the article this week about the male tourists being blackmailed into paying hundreds of dollars? Scam going on in Boca Chica where they are confronted after having sex by police who say they didn’t pay. Threatening arrest, etc.; several hotel owners very upset, as word is getting around and apparently many reservations have been canceled. One guy got taken for $800 USD

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I think yes it originated in Australia but is also in British and Irish newspapers. No I didn't see the article on Boca Chica - doesn't surprise me though. Assume this is it

http://hoy.com.do/investigan-mafia-...stitutas-para-estafar-turistas-en-boca-chica/

I certainly DO NOT want to minimize/dismiss the issue But I find that odd, very odd. Why would an Australian journalist focus on DR when their citizens barely go to DR (I could be wrong here) and they themselves are surrounded by known sex tourism "paradise" in South East Asia.

I have always said that the DR has the worst PR team, if any.