What visa is necessary for a Dominican family to travel to Disney for a vacation

RC2

Oct 22, 2018
I am interested in helping a family obtain the right visas to visit Disney. The types of visas and lengths of visas seems to be convoluted. This is not for marriage of fiance, just a short trip of about one week.

Thanks

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
You need to apply for a tourist/visitors visa. Not easy to get but not totally impossible. More info is available on travel.state.gov

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
It might be easier to take them to Disneyland in Japan. No Visa necessary. But seriously it will cost you about $1,000 US to just apply for a US visa. And the odds are stacked against you. Find another destination if you can.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
...was at the US embassy in Santo Domingo this monday.....After seeing the thousands of Dominicans seeking visas, and seeing none being given out....you will waste a lot of time and money, and probably no visas, I am American and had a nightmare getting my passport renewed(and a lot of lies from the staff there)............Doc..............

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I would rather take a weekend trip to Devil's Island than go to the US Embassy in SD.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
The chances of an entire Dominican family being granted a tourist visa to the USA at the same time is as close to zero as you can get. Current immigration climate suggests that Disneyland will have to remain a dream for the foreseeable future.

It's too bad, but visa applicants from the DR who have come before and not returned home when they were supposed to have ruined it for the rest of their compatriots.

Last edited:

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Let me be the devil's advocate

There are more than a few Dominican who travel to the US/Europe on vacations !!! I have myself rented my apartment in NYC to a visiting Dominican family a couple years ago.

If the OP's friends are part of the privileged few who can afford to travel, they would know how to go about getting a visa. If they have no idea, the chances of them getting a visa to the US for a Disney vacations is close to 0.0000001

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
...was at the US embassy in Santo Domingo this monday.....After seeing the thousands of Dominicans seeking visas, and seeing none being given out....you will waste a lot of time and money, and probably no visas, I am American and had a nightmare getting my passport renewed(and a lot of lies from the staff there)............Doc..............

Lots of Dominicans receive American Visas. We have employees going quite often, most get them, but we have had two recently that have been refused. Both would have been refused by me as well. My wife's niece just got a 10 tourist Visa. She is a single mother with one child, and is a university student. You just never know who they are going to accept or not. She is very charming and speaks very good English so perhaps she talked her way into getting one.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
You need to apply for a tourist B2 visa. For an entire family to get visas, they better have a lot of money, a house, and solid proof of employment or their chances will be zero. The cost to apply is $160 each.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
I have said before, sometimes it is just luck. Those you think can, get refused and those you think cant, get approved. That said it is a somewhat expensive/timely process, been there done that.

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
I have said before, sometimes it is just luck. Those you think can, get refused and those you think cant, get approved. That said it is a somewhat expensive/timely process, been there done that.

If they are over 28 and dont have one already and nothing major has changed in the last 3 years they have no chance of getting one.

Timotero

Bronze
Feb 25, 2011
If they are over 28 and dont have one already and nothing major has changed in the last 3 years they have no chance of getting one.

Maybe, maybe not? I’ve known a waitress/bartender who has worked in Sosua for over 15 years. A year or so ago she visited the USA (Long Island) for the first time. She said she paid a lawyer 3,000 pesos and he took care of all the paperwork. She just needed two trips to the USA embassy in SD (interview, and then to pick up the visa).

Not sure of her exact age, but she became an abuela a few years ago. So easily over 28.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Maybe, maybe not? I’ve known a waitress/bartender who has worked in Sosua for over 15 years. A year or so ago she visited the USA (Long Island) for the first time. She said she paid a lawyer 3,000 pesos and he took care of all the paperwork. She just needed two trips to the USA embassy in SD (interview, and then to pick up the visa).

Not sure of her exact age, but she became an abuela a few years ago. So easily over 28.

One of our teachers got a visa and she is in her late 30's. Her husband also got his and he is a carpenter. They didn't apply for their two children.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Older women have a much better chance to get a Visa. If you are a women in her early twenties forget it. No chance.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Older women have a much better chance to get a Visa. If you are a women in her early twenties forget it. No chance.

I know a number of girls in their early and mid-twenties that have got Visa's but most of them are professionals ( Dentists, Doctors, Bank employees....etc. Single girl with child and no money in the bank , I agree slim chance.

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
I know a number of girls in their early and mid-twenties that have got Visa's but most of them are professionals ( Dentists, Doctors, Bank employees....etc. Single girl with child and no money in the bank , I agree slim chance.

If shes always had one and travelled shes fine. The question is, why now ? Why didnt you get one earlier in life ?