CTV W5 Investigation - Child Prostitution in Sosua

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Another nail in the coffin for good old Sosua. The more articles like these they
publish, the tougher its going to be on the honest hard working folks around the
town who are trying to earn a living.

"Of course, poverty stricken families aren’t the only ones looking to
profit off the child sex trade. It’s at the core of Sosua’s economy."

Is that another bitter *ss (western) women I smell?
Having both lived and worked in Sosua I am offended (as many of you
should be ) by STUPID WESTERN WOMEN who don't have a damn
clue what they are talking about yet make it appear as if the whole town's
economy is based a child sex tourism. Give me a ckfing break. Indeed,
there are some under age girls who work the strip but to suggest the
entire town's economy is based solely on this telll me one thing (LIAR) and
one thing only...

These western women will stop at nothing to prevent their western men
from traveling abroad to get a little foreign p*ssy :cheeky: This chic, her
news organization and the idiots who buy into this BS should be barred from
every being able to re-enter this country.

Last edited:

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
"Throughout our investigation in the Dominican Republic, I heard horror stories about the child sex trade.
Children as young as five years old being sold to tourists.
Catalogues where tourists can choose a child prostitute, and girls selling themselves in exchange for phone card minutes," says the article.

I have lived near Sosua for eight years and visit regularly. I have never heard of or been offered any such thing

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Low blow ?

Another nail in the coffin for good old Sosua. The more articles like these they
publish, the tougher its going to be on the honest hard working folks around the
town who are trying to earn a living.

"Of course, poverty stricken families aren’t the only ones looking to
profit off the child sex trade. It’s at the core of Sosua’s economy."

Is that another bitter *ss (western) women I smell?
Having both lived and worked in Sosua I am offended (as many of you
should be ) by STUPID WESTERN WOMEN who don't have a damn
clue what they are talking about yet make it appear as if the whole town's
economy is based a child sex tourism. Give me a ckfing break. Indeed,
there are some under age girls who work the strip but to suggest the
entire town's economy is based solely on this telll me one thing (LIAR) and
one thing only...

These western women will stop at nothing to prevent their western men
from traveling abroad to get a little foreign p*ssy :cheeky: This chic, her
news organization and the idiots who buy into this BS should be barred from
every being able to re-enter this country.

Child prostitution is disgusting indeed. Why bash western women if you feel that the article is inaccurate or exaggerated ?

No offence but it s the many vocal men, who advertised on Youtube, forums, you name it, on how good Sosua is who drove Sosua's nail in the coffin. Direct your anger to your over-sharing fellow buyers :D

By the way, it is the second article/documentary about DR under age prostitution within a week.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Although I am very much against this type of thing... 17 with a FAKE ID , or her Cousins ID, is HARDLY Pedophile Land ..
and it DILUTES the true meaning of the Sickness... The Pedos who visit Sosua are sick , vile people ...
But grouping everyone into this little box is not only wrong , but also Counterproductive ..
There are enough True Pedos to be hunted down... lets go after those guys who there is no cure for..

So , yeagh, I also think the article is WEAK. Written by people who are not protecting children, just trying to Shame the Johns .. which is essentially ALL men who travel for sex... Just to make themselves feel better .

by the way ,, our own Senator here in NJ , Mr Bob Menendez was ALLEGEDLY involved in this exact type of Activity , and Not only did nothing happen to him, he is still running for Re Election...completely unaffected by the very serious & Credible Allegations.

So Why are these same Women not up in Arms over that kind of person ?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Why bash western women if you feel that the article is inaccurate or exaggerated ?
I call out exaggerated BS when I see it because we live in a country which is run by reactive not proactive politicians. If and when they do react they have a tendency to over react and this creates nothing but confusion and problems for the people of Sosua.

Direct your anger to your over-sharing fellow buyers :D
Been taking infractions on here for years for doing just that.

By the way, it is the second article/documentary about DR under age prostitution within a week.
If you are referring to the "Unreported World" video... May of 2018 is a little more than a week ago.

By singling out bitter western women when taking aim at this issue I obviously struck a nerve...Oops :cheeky:

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
If you are referring to the "Unreported World" video... May of 2018 is a little more than a week ago.

By singling out bitter western women when taking aim at this issue I obviously struck a nerve...Oops :cheeky:

Nope, there is an article linked in lady only forum a couple of days ago from an Australian journalist. It s been published across several newspapers. I even pointed out, that it was odd that an Australian journalist would write about DR when their citizens barely visit DR and they are surrounded with other well known sex-tourism-spots in South-East Asia.

And, there is nothing bitter about me baby, I love men & men love me :bandit: I am 10000% for legalization of prostitution and, most of all for the protection of adult sex workers. I have absolutely no problems with men paying for pussy.

My point is that it is ****ty journalism, point that out. No need to bash western women, too easy, if anything makes you look pro-underage :ermm:

Last edited:

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
My neighbour's fifteen year daughter went to Sosua this summer for two weeks with one of her aunts, an known prostitute here in this neihbourhood. Came back after two weeeks with a brand new Smart phone and a lot of new clothing. I believe she is in Grade nine or ten but bodywise most adult women couldn't match her. The grandmother was a prostitute, the mother a part-timer....etc. None of the women in this family have regular jobs, and no man in the house either. I believe that most, certainly not all, of this these semi-grown teens are in the business willingly.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
No doubt about that one. There is usually a female family member behind this. Whether the mother or an Aunt.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
My neighbour's fifteen year daughter went to Sosua this summer for two weeks with one of her aunts, an known prostitute here in this neihbourhood. Came back after two weeeks with a brand new Smart phone and a lot of new clothing. I believe she is in Grade nine or ten but bodywise most adult women couldn't match her. The grandmother was a prostitute, the mother a part-timer....etc. None of the women in this family have regular jobs, and no man in the house either. I believe that most, certainly not all, of this these semi-grown teens are in the business willingly.

There is no doubt that many who enter young are just following their mother footsteps. I know a family like that in LT as well, the mother and 2 daughter are in the business, although the daughter are grown and the mom semi retired (mom not old, looks washed out). From my observation, that many of the true pro appear to have a substance abuse/alcohol problem.
Also, many have men in the house while they go to work.

Whether they do it willingly or not, it is not the issue when we talk about minors. What if the mother bring her smiling semi-developed 12 year old ?

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
When they had that Sting operation from that International anti Human Trafficking Org...
It was on the North Coast , cant recall where... but in a Villa, and run exactly like Chris Hansen used to run his Show ..
I guess they were more geared towards possibly starting a New TV show than actually SAVING girls , or they managed to Embarrass the Dom Govt .. as nothing was ever heard of them again after .

But they also found out that most of the girls who were Called in to this Sting Operation Villa , were actually driven there by their Moms, Aunt , or another Family member, or Primo ....
Not exactly a story you can sell as " Human Trafficking" when you own family members are driving you to your Entertainment " job" at the Gringos " Villa".
Or maybe it is ..
but they obviously could not SELL it , or they would still be doing those same type of Sting Operations.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
I wish these people would quit reporting this type of crap.....just how many more pedofiles come here after they watch how easy it is to get young girls....as far as I am concerned they are just advertising pedofilia.....
My thoughts not yours....

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I got a little ticked off when this "journalist" says, and I quote "It’s at the core of Sosua’s economy."
While living in Sosua I met several western women who were not happy their men had a place to kick
back and bang as many hot young (+18) prostitutes as they can handle.
I say kick her *ss out the country along with the pedophiles and the western prudes who disapprove
of the nightlife in Sosua. Problem solved.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
What is the legal age of consent in the DR?

Up until 2008 it was 14 in the country that this particular report originates from. Currently it is 16.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
What is the legal age of consent in the DR?

Up until 2008 it was 14 in the country that this particular report originates from. Currently it is 16.

Its 18, anyone who thinks otherwise (unless you come from a very well-to-do Dominican family)
is just beggin to be made an example of. I know if you are American, its 18 no matter where you
travel because as an American passport holder, when traveling under this document, you are subject
to American laws.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Its 18, anyone who thinks otherwise (unless you come from a very well-to-do Dominican family)
is just beggin to be made an example of. I know if you are American, its 18 no matter where you
travel because as an American passport holder, when traveling under this document, you are subject
to American laws.
Canadian too... that why his article was made ,beacause an ass got got and prosecuted in Canada for what he did here...hence the sensational news...

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Prostitution is legal in the DR. Under age sex is a crime and a police issue.
People opposed to legal prostitution use the child abuse examples as a pathway to attack the legality of prostitution.
You have evidence of a connection between the legalization and the sexual abuse of children?
You do not seem concerned about the police in Sosua failing to take action to protect this very sexy (from your description) school girl.
After living in Sosua for years I have not seen any obvious example of kids on the street looking for sex customers.
By kids I mean children not some mature 17 year old girl.
Go after the cops to solve this problem.
It is my personal view, with zero evidence of support, that legalized prostitution lowers sex crimes against children.
Lets not mix up the failure of police to do their job with what is a legal activity.
If you do not like legalized prostitution in the DR just come out and say so.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
I watched the W5 episode last night. For anybody interested in watching it here is the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p65lqLercz4

As usual, it's all one sided reporting and does nothing to help Sosua's reputation or to help increase tourism of the families that the government is seeking. The episode was suppose to focus on pedophiles, but yet only gave one example of an older guy that was arrested years ago. I believe he was arrested in Puerto Plata and not in Sosua. All the girls that were shown in the episode were not children, but teenagers of at least 17 years old. I don't consider those clients as pedophiles. At 17 years old you know exactly what you are doing and you are not being pushed into anything. If anything, they are being pushed into the trade by the government for not creating good paying jobs or proper education. Just to be clear, I am not saying that having sex with anybody under the age of 18 is correct. I condone it, but they are not children.

They investigation is suppose to be in Sosua, but oddly enough at 16:20 you can see the Kahuna restaurant in the background. But, of course Lorenzo Sancassani, the minister of tourism of the north coast, wouldn't want Cabarete mentioned and tarnish the image of his restaurant that he owns on the beach.

The viewers that know nothing about Sosua, now think of anybody that vacations here as a pedophile. I think it really created some damage. Was it a paid program by the DR government maybe?