Looking for Jimmy Dean sausage in POP area

Bob Boyd

Feb 3, 2004
I’ve asked at Playero a number of times and nada, zero, zippo. The only option is to have friends bring some in.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I’ve had friends ask me to bring Jimmy a Dean down with me, and I have done it a few times. I freeze it and pack them in an insulated bag in carry on, still frozen on arrival. :)

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I have friends and family bring it down 5-6lbs at a time, frozen, wrapped in brown grocery bag paper. Currently have an inventory of 3lbs. Sage and 2lbs. Hot.

The only thing moderately close is the Johnsonville breakfast sausages which are almost identical to the same Jimmy Dean product. But I have never seen bulk Jimmy Dean sausage in any store in the DR.

banzai

Aug 16, 2013
One of the things I missed most when I lived in the DR. I found a decent homemade sausage in my home town, I ask'd the butcher what he used, he showed me a foil packet of seasoning of which I bought several. I then purchased ground pork at the Ole', (when they had it) and mixed my own for the freezer. Wasn't quite JD but close enuf...

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I’ve had friends ask me to bring Jimmy a Dean down with me, and I have done it a few times. I freeze it and pack them in an insulated bag in carry on, still frozen on arrival. :)

Oh, you shouldn't have said that... LOL

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Or anything close to that type. thanks

if you can't find good sausage patties, make your own. a 75 percent lean mixed with 25 percent fat, passed through a coarse meat grinder should give you a good base. then add this spice blend, and you should be good..

1 tsp salt

half a teaspoon rubbed sage

half a teaspoon parsley

half a teaspoon blk pepper

half a teaspoon thyme

one quarter teaspoon red pepper flakes

half a teaspoon ground fennel seeds

one quarter teaspoon coriander

one quarter teaspoon msg optional

mix well...add 3 tbsp water to 1 lb pork, add mix, blend well, but do not overwork, as it will make the sausages tough and trashy..

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
if you can't find good sausage patties, make your own. a 75 percent lean mixed with 25 percent fat, passed through a coarse meat grinder should give you a good base. then add this spice blend, and you should be good..

1 tsp salt

half a teaspoon rubbed sage

half a teaspoon parsley

half a teaspoon blk pepper

half a teaspoon thyme

one quarter teaspoon red pepper flakes

half a teaspoon ground fennel seeds

one quarter teaspoon coriander

one quarter teaspoon msg optional

mix well...add 3 tbsp water to 1 lb pork, add mix, blend well, but do not overwork, as it will make the sausages tough and trashy..

Would you happen to have an extra room at your place? lol

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Haha, consider it done. Just pm me the kind/kinds you like.

I like anything Jimmy Dean, but don't go out of your way just for me. I'm doing excellent at avoiding meats but that will go by the wayside if you stop by with JD products. LOL

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I like anything Jimmy Dean, but don't go out of your way just for me. I'm doing excellent at avoiding meats but that will go by the wayside if you stop by with JD products. LOL

DON'T do it AE, congratulations to you JD and I know you must be feeling a lot better. kudos

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
DON'T do it AE, congratulations to you JD and I know you must be feeling a lot better. kudos

[video=youtube;f4RNb3tt0LM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4RNb3tt0LM[/video]

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
I have friends and family bring it down 5-6lbs at a time, frozen, wrapped in brown grocery bag paper. Currently have an inventory of 3lbs. Sage and 2lbs. Hot.

The only thing moderately close is the Johnsonville breakfast sausages which are almost identical to the same Jimmy Dean product. But I have never seen bulk Jimmy Dean sausage in any store in the DR.

Good enough for one big breakfast. :cheeky:

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv

Been buying the johnsonville vermont maple broen and serve types. Brown em in a pan with some onikns. Diced seasoned potatos in air fryer. Mix papas in with sausage and onions for a bit. Sometimes I add bacon, sometimes johnsonville andoulie saisave for some more kick. Gonna bring back some english muffins next trip. No time for a bagel run!

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
No Thomas English Muffins in the DR. Those are English Muffins, not the weak brands sold here.
I have bought Thomas English muffins at Nacional on 27 Febrero in Santo Domingo in the past. They were incredible toasted with Jimmy Dean sausage and a slice of almost melted cheddar cheese. A dollop of mayo and mustard and we had a breakfast for a King.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Actually you are right about Nacional. I also found some there, but thinking back it was at least 3 years or more ago. And none since. This was in Punta Cana. I bought every one they had at the time.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
I have bought Thomas English muffins at Nacional on 27 Febrero in Santo Domingo in the past. They were incredible toasted with Jimmy Dean sausage and a slice of almost melted cheddar cheese. A dollop of mayo and mustard and we had a breakfast for a King.

Nacional purchasing needs help. They pay attention to brand only. Not product.
I used to get Thomas’s at nacional all the time. Problem is the plains would sel out quick, while cinammon raisin would sit for months. Purchaser thinks “english muffins” don’t sell. They have not had them in two years now. Same with white castle. Plain sell out but cheese sit forever. So they buy less frequently or stop buying. Bar S hotdogs sell out the beef ones. I bought five packages last time. The cheddar ones don’t sell at all. I bet they will stop ordering Bar S!