Delancer Cable HD channels

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
Is anyone else having this issue ? All Delancer HD channels are no-longer full screen. They are still in HD - picture is as crystal clear as ever - just shrunk. Interestingly the same network channel in non-HD is full screen.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Fine here. Maybe your TV screen settings got changed when the maid dusted the remote. :)

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
Fine here. Maybe your TV screen settings got changed when the maid dusted the remote. :)

hehehe. After checking all the settings on the TV remote - I found out what the ASP button on the Delancer remote is for. :classic:

delancerguy

Feb 15, 2018
Is Delancer any good. Wifi, etc? I assume Cable Del Norte is Delancer, based in Cab.

Is Claro better wifi and cable? Are the channels the same?

Uggh...

Claro wants my first born's fingerprints to setup an account along with three months of get this WATERMARKED SEALED BANK STATEMENTS...

It's like I'm asking for a 30 year mortgage...

Please note we are not related to Cable del Norte.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Overall, Delancer is pretty reliable. Outages are usually caused by someone bringing down a line or cutting a cable while digging a ditch. Good selection of Cable channels USA, Canada and the compliment of specialty interest channels.

Delancer offers fiber in more locations than Claro but their monthly internet rates are higher than Claro.

For me I bite the bullet on the internet charges for access to the Canadian TV channels and so I do not have to jump through the Claro account contract hoops.

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
I have Delancer fiber tv and internet and have been very happy with it,now if only they offered a DVR I would be in heaven....

delancerguy

Feb 15, 2018
I have Delancer fiber tv and internet and have been very happy with it,now if only they offered a DVR I would be in heaven....

If you have Black box it does have DVR feature, all you need to do is add USB memory to it.

delancerguy

Feb 15, 2018
What is Black Box?

STB box that looks like this

xGwYFDt

and there is also white one that looks looks like this but i do not think there are many of those on the street

https://ibb.co/jR5SGNZ

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Gracias for the info. I'll stop into the office and exchange the two Gospell boxes that I have.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
Gracias for the info. I'll stop into the office and exchange the two Gospell boxes that I have.

1000 pesos each for the exchange. At least that's what I paid 2 weeks ago. Im not getting the HD channels ...Im not here to watch TV.... plus Im too cheap

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
How can they justify an exchange fee if the equipment being exchanged does not offer the same features as the new box? They can try but as they'll be in for a fight. Good customer service is the name of the game if Delancer doesn't want this and other expat sights littered with negative comments about them. The company has been better in the customer service dept recently. I'd hope that trend continues.

Besides, Delancer guy will make it all right in the end. :)

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
How can they justify an exchange fee if the equipment being exchanged does not offer the same features as the new box? They can try but as they'll be in for a fight. Good customer service is the name of the game if Delancer doesn't want this and other expat sights littered with negative comments about them. The company has been better in the customer service dept recently. I'd hope that trend continues.

Besides, Delancer guy will make it all right in the end. :)

did you forget where you are. don't forget that you paid for the units and when you cancel the service you must return the units you paid for.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
That attitude may have been evident when I first arrived in Sosua, but since then much has changed at that business. Now, the clerks smile, give me their undivided attention, The nice ladies at the back go out of their way to solve my issues, service calls are attended to quickly and usually same day. It's almost like a different company.

Now, hard won gains can be lost if the effort falls off. I'm not willing to immediately assume at least in my case as a long time customer that I am going to face unnecessary hurdles, however, I could be wrong.

Maybe Delancerguy can chime in and explain what will happen when a customer goes to Delancer to exchange an older cable box for one with new user features such as usb drive support for a PVR.

delancerguy

Feb 15, 2018
That attitude may have been evident when I first arrived in Sosua, but since then much has changed at that business. Now, the clerks smile, give me their undivided attention, The nice ladies at the back go out of their way to solve my issues, service calls are attended to quickly and usually same day. It's almost like a different company.

Now, hard won gains can be lost if the effort falls off. I'm not willing to immediately assume at least in my case as a long time customer that I am going to face unnecessary hurdles, however, I could be wrong.

Maybe Delancerguy can chime in and explain what will happen when a customer goes to Delancer to exchange an older cable box for one with new user features such as usb drive support for a PVR.

my understanding is that new boxes do cost more than 1000 pesos and are subsidized by delancer. and keep in mind there are no commitment contract compared to other providers and old boxes most likely will not be reused because newer stream encodings coming along that are not supported by old boxes.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
So what are you saying? Current customers who want a new cable box to make use of PVR features or receive new programming streams will have to pay to exchange their current box for the new box? If that is the case would you please find out exactly how much the fee would be?

Thx.