Canadian Embassy closing in Santo Domingo?

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
...Thats the news I got from the Canadian Embassy, SD....Earlier this week called them about a visa for a lady friend, and was told hurry with your online app. because as of the 31st. of Oct, were are closing as to taking apps. and will do only interviews after that and then will be closed on the 31st.....sound like the wrong embassy is closing, should be the American one in SD, not the Canadian....thats after my visit last week on 2 different days, never been treated more like a dog and at my countries embassy....of couse that was the dominican staff....who need to find new jobs..........Doc.........

oldschool

Oct 9, 2004
...Thats the news I got from the Canadian Embassy, SD....Earlier this week called them about a visa for a lady friend, and was told hurry with your online app. because as of the 31st. of Oct, were are closing as to taking apps. and will do only interviews after that and then will be closed on the 31st.....sound like the wrong embassy is closing, should be the American one in SD, not the Canadian....thats after my visit last week on 2 different days, never been treated more like a dog and at my countries embassy....of couse that was the dominican staff....who need to find new jobs..........Doc.........

Canadian Visa applications have not been done by the Canadian Emabssy proper for years.

The outsourced agency that provided this service is being switched for a new agency as of today.....the new agency that will provide visa application processing will take few weeks to get up and running....hopefully

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004

Did you call the embassy itself or the Visa Application Centre? As mentioned previously, the VAC is just a supplier and today's their last day. You can still apply online without a problem, applications are reviewed in Mexico by the immigration department.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Did you call the embassy itself or the Visa Application Centre? As mentioned previously, the VAC is just a supplier and today's their last day. You can still apply online without a problem, applications are reviewed in Mexico by the immigration department.

...I talked with the Embassy...it will only be open to ;process visa apps....according to them...then they will close it....

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
...I talked with the Embassy...it will only be open to ;process visa apps....according to them...then they will close it....

The embassy isn't closing. It's just the VAC changing suppliers. Trust me.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
This is a centralization process of VAC's, it is an economic and political move by our Canadian friends. No sense of having the expense of manning many VAC centers when less centers can provide more.

Regards,

PJT

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
This is a centralization process of VAC's, it is an economic and political move by our Canadian friends. No sense of having the expense of manning many VAC centers when less centers can provide more.

Regards,

PJT

....Kate P....can you tell me a better way to apply for visa?.......Doc.....

Sep 4, 2012
.......thats after my visit last week on 2 different days, never been treated more like a dog and at my countries embassy....of couse that was the dominican staff....who need to find new jobs..........Doc.........

Not necessarily employees fault, rather due to embassy policies its more likely.