Bus trips from Puerto Plata

torrock

Jun 5, 2006
Anyone aware of any bus trips from Puerto Plata to Aguilas games? (specifically Nov 4, 7 or 8)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Maybe, just maybe, someone is planning on doing that.

However, I think you would be better off taking La Javilla which leaves like every 20 minutes to Santiago, enjoy a good meal, take Uber to the stadium, then go to a les expensive hotel like Colonial for the night and return the next day.

OR, if you have a car, come early, get a good parking spot (I sometimes leave my car in the lot of a friend and Uber to the game)..You tip the parking attendant (and I use that word loosely) RD$20 or 30....

Since I no longer have the big house, I can't offer you a B&B deal like before...

HB

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Maybe, just maybe, someone is planning on doing that.

However, I think you would be better off taking La Javilla which leaves like every 20 minutes to Santiago, enjoy a good meal, take Uber to the stadium, then go to a les expensive hotel like Colonial for the night and return the next day.

OR, if you have a car, come early, get a good parking spot (I sometimes leave my car in the lot of a friend and Uber to the game)..You tip the parking attendant (and I use that word loosely) RD$20 or 30....

Since I no longer have the big house, I can't offer you a B&B deal like before...

HB

Late return won't be a problem for him, Voladoras depart from "La Rotonda" all night long.

JJ

torrock

Jun 5, 2006
It would still be fun/easy to join a bus group trip from the Puerto Plata area, I know they happen, it's just a matter of finding them haha

This year I'm interested in any bus trips Nov 2, Nov 3, Nov 6 or Nov 8

Sunday Nov 3rd is the date I really want to go, because there's nothing better than an Aguilas vs Licey game!
(I had a ton of fun the time I couldn't get seats behind the Aguilas dugout and ended up sitting behind the Licey dugout ... about 50% fans from each team on that side ... that was a blast!)

Thanks for the tip on Colonial (I stayed at Hotel Matum a couple times) ... that's another option if I decide to spend the night.

I've taken Javilla Tours (from Santiago to Puerto Plata ... also to/from 27 waterfalls) ... not nearly as nice as Metro buses, but you can't beat the schedule/price.
(I would likely take Metro to Santiago, then Javilla back to Puerto Plata after the game)

torrock

Jun 5, 2006
I just Google searched La Rotonda ... now I know exactly where I would need to catch the bus back to Puerto Plata.

One time, I caught a cab from the airport to Javilla Tours ... then ended up switching to another Javilla bus to Puerto Plata ... I'm not sure where either of the 2 Javilla Tours places were haha

Kimidz

Oct 6, 2019
We are also looking for a bus trip from PP to a baseball game nov 23-30th, 2019

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Just take Caribe Tours. CT second stop is Feb.27, just a few minutes to the stadium by Taxi. And taxis are cheap in Santiago.