Hello everyone.

Ethridge72

Oct 2, 2018
New to the site, but I've been to the DR several times for vacation. Lived in the Atlanta area my whole life, but now I'm ready to make the leap and move down. I'm looking to buy a villa in a ocean front gated community near Cabarete, within the year. I'm sure I'll have a thousand questions. Look forward to chatting with y'all.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Living directly on the ocean has many disadvantages. Please choose carefully. Also, in Cabarete there are not many gate guarded communities with villas directly on the ocean so your choices will be limited and rather costly.

healimonster

Sep 29, 2015
We thought about buying ocean view land outside of Puerto Plata and building a home. Ultimately we thought it would be safer to buy a near ocean condo in Punta Cana. We did that 3 years ago and have no regrets.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
New to the site, but I've been to the DR several times for vacation. Lived in the Atlanta area my whole life, but now I'm ready to make the leap and move down. I'm looking to buy a villa in a ocean front gated community near Cabarete, within the year. I'm sure I'll have a thousand questions. Look forward to chatting with y'all.

Rrrrent for à while. !!! Vacation is not living at...

Dr_Taylor

Oct 18, 2017

Welcome to the DR. It cannot hurt to repeat the suggestion that you rent prior to buying. I cannot decide after several years, and still have other areas to visit.