Another Dominican BB Player Dies in Crash Here

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I think there was another one killed not too long ago in the Boca Chica area(?). These guys never learn.

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
Take a poor kid and give him millions almost overnight? It's inevitable and I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often. Every time it's such a shame, this was a waste of a talented young life.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Take a poor kid and give him millions almost overnight? It's inevitable and I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often. Every time it's such a shame, this was a waste of a talented young life.

i wonder what the driver was driving? more often than not, it is a car over which he had no control, by virtue of skills. many of these poor kids never owned a car before, just got a license, and went out and bought an 8 cylinder Camaro...

alexw

Gold
Sep 6, 2008
NYC-SDQ BABY!

What does his wealth have to do with a tragic car accident?

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
i wonder what the driver was driving? more often than not, it is a car over which he had no control, by virtue of skills. many of these poor kids never owned a car before, just got a license, and went out and bought an 8 cylinder Camaro...

.....Kia k5......

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
I was in Cabarete when Oscar Taveras crashed his Camaro into a tree. Millions overnight coupled with a lack of driving experience, usually doesn't have good results.

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
In this case, likely not as much as others. Refer to the gorgon's post about 8 cylinder Camaros. Nonetheless this is a tragedy as he was just starting out.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
One more thing you have to throw into the mix. You do not have to know how to drive to get a license here. For the right price I can get a blind man a license.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I was in Cabarete when Oscar Taveras crashed his Camaro into a tree. Millions overnight coupled with a lack of driving experience, usually doesn't have good results.

Most Dominican Roads like Autopista 5, are not meant for doing 70 mph, especially at night .. Especially on that stretch. I believe he hit the top of the hill and the wheels left the ground .. Once airborne you go straight, period ... And then there was the Big Tree.. and that was all she wrote....his young Novia died as well as I recall .
Just a bad bad combo of things stacked on top of each other .

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
So sad. All 3 of them are only 19 years old. Way too young for one of them to die.
May he rest in eternal peace.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009

The weather was awful that afternoon. It was raining extremely hard, there is no way you could see anything....especially at the speed he was going.

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
The weather was awful that afternoon. It was raining extremely hard, there is no way you could see anything....especially at the speed he was going.

Yes it was. Like Jd said, a bad combination.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Truly sad for family :( Looks like cab of car stayed intact unibody absorbed impact , they might not have worn seatbelts ?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
100 hours of drivers (state side) education completed should be
mandatory prior to any formal contracts signed/activated for these
kids they select from the Dominican Republic. Its no secret in life,
the biggest danger to teenagers are themselves.