Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hammer Drill

No fui yo!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hammer Drill

Looking to find a decent place to buy a cordless hammer drill (new with battery & charger) on North Coast.

Name brands: Dewalt, Milwaukee or Porter Cable, at least 18 volt. Without having to go to Santo Domingo or paying "bend-over prices", like I was quoted in a Ferreteria in POP for a 20 Volt Dewalt for 25,000 pesos for only $180 in the US but not sure they would fly the lithium ion batteries in ?

And suggestions guys ?

A man without a hammer drill is like a fish out of water.

2. Likes jstarebel liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Try Chris has place in Sosua and Puerto Plata great guy he might be able to help you..
    https://www.facebook.com/Proffereca/...73196&fref=tag

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Cordless Hammer Drill?

A man needs corded HD to get it right. Not enough torque on a cordless me thinks.

5. Likes bachata liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

That's what always thought, a real hammer drill on batteries? No way.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I drilled over 3000 holes in concrete with my Mikita 18 volt and the battery died this year. I would recommend it to anyone. The down side is I have no idea where to get new batteries here. JD gave me a solution on repair but it's above my pay grade with my limited tools here.
    If you are not on the Island yet put the drill in your packed luggage and the batteries in carry on.
    You have no idea how much you will miss a cordless until it's gone

8. Likes beachcomber liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by melphis View Post
    I drilled over 3000 holes in concrete with my Mikita 18 volt and the battery died this year.
    Demolition with a HD?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing you well View Post
    Demolition with a HD?
    I have the big plug in drill as well but it's a pain to keep running cords. A good 18volt cordless is the way to go for most stuff and as I said I miss it. If your doing a complete reno get both as they do overheat and you can switch them out

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the 18v Craftsman hammer drill. With the right bits it will drill through any hardened concrete. Order off eBay or Amazon and ship it here.

EPS will ship Lithium batteries. They have a new policy where LiPo batteries and other designated dangerous air cargo items are consolidated and shipped over once a week. That will probably increase as they shift into holiday season.

12. Likes chico bill liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

check out compra venta Bobs in pop, you never know what you will find in there

No fui yo!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing you well View Post
    Cordless Hammer Drill?

A man needs corded HD to get it right. Not enough torque on a cordless me thinks.
    For 3/4" and above or deep holes yeah. I have a Hilti TE72 with a panoply of bits and bushing tools. If I could ship it here reasonably I would.
    But today's cordless drills are way stronger than days of old or maybe you tried the Ryobi (Home Depot bargain bin) or other Chinese (garbage aka Harbor Freight tools)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast